PDA

View Full Version : Character: Asian Beauty

Olmirad
12-17-2003, 09:24 PM
Hi all,
Here's a new character i made during last week's evenings (~7 nights). Rendered in Lightwave, hair made with help of sasquatch... Lighting was made with one area light and one bounce radiosity on quite low quality setting and a few lights for hair etc.
That's all for now, i'll post other renders later.
C+C welcome.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~olmirad/2003_030_asianbeauty_v1_closeup.jpg

nobrain
12-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Personally I don't think she is that all asian looking, but what do I know, I've never been to asia. Her face is kind of long for any race. The pinkish hue is not characteristic of asian. It's unique but does not defy the sense realism that you've established.

That said I think its good modelling, and render.

Hexodam
12-17-2003, 09:36 PM
looks good, but the face is a little bit too tall, if you could just scale it down a bit then it would be alot better

NickBFTD
12-17-2003, 09:51 PM
nice image ,but i agree that it doesnt look all that asian ,and looks like it was rendered in Anamorphic Widescreen:shrug:

xtrm3d
12-17-2003, 11:44 PM
i think the same as other people about the strectched model/rendering..
bu on the other side .. having lived 7 month in singapore this year ..i can tell you that i saw some fgirl on the street looking like this...ok not a lot ..but still a fews ..

nice rendering .. nice model ( if the streetching is only a rendering problem )..
and really looking like some asian girl i saw in asia.. ( ok may be they was half asien and half caucasian.. but hey.. they look really sweet..lol )

darkefire
12-17-2003, 11:59 PM
the eyes are absolutely $^%##@$%% beautiful. the face IS a little long, though. but i didnt really notice it at first glance. was the hair made using Saslite or the full-on version of Sasquatch? the reason i ask is cuz the the roots of the hair look oddly disjointed from the scalp, which i know is a side effect of saslite's inability to cast shadows. or maybe its just the beer. :beer:

dimitrios_c
12-18-2003, 12:22 AM
I like this image a lot, however the image quality is reduced significantly due to the errors, namely:

-Face too long

- Skin too pink

- Ears look too soft, doesn't match rest of face (either fix the ears or cover them with hair)

Perhaps the lighting should be toned down, It is very well illuminated, but not well lit (if you get what I mean).

Fix those problems and you got a 5 star image there!

Olmirad
12-18-2003, 01:05 AM
Fixin problem; actually it's two mistakes - Being to tired X) and.. Technical issues i didn't notice because of the first mistake. Aspect ratio is wrong, i had accidentaly dragged spinner in camera panel in LW... and monitor was bit badly calibrated for some reason. I'll post a new render asap! And yet i didn't notice anything.. . Well thanks for those complaints even that it was nowhere near anamorphic ;)

Olmirad
12-18-2003, 02:04 AM
Okey.. Replaced bad aspect ratio image with fresh render... Now to bed! I'll post more renders after i finish work later today. I also made a slight adjustment to ear which indeed looked bit weird (hope it's for better and not for worse) :)

Joril
12-18-2003, 11:11 AM
No, not that asian looking at all. Looks like she had surgery on her eyes too.
Get some more reference pics of true asians.

Olmirad
12-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Joril: Could you be more accurate in your criticism,please. Maybe you can quickly use liquify or paint over the mistakes in photoshop... ? Or link to reference you're talking about.
There are a lot of people living in asia, not all are of same shape and size :)

darkefire
12-20-2003, 03:52 AM
i think he's referring to the architecture of your eyelids. some asian facial structures have flatter eyelids, for lack of a better word, and they sometimes dont fold at the top when the eyelid is open. one of my asian friends refers to this as a "double eyelid", or lack of one. she looks more middle eastern to me, or more like Indian, which is still in Asia, so no sweat!:)

fabmedia
12-20-2003, 05:57 AM
She looks really good. My only concern is the eyes. Asian as in orient do not have double eyelids. You need to remove the wrinkle above the eye. Other than that, excellent work.

Cheers!
Arlen

chizzy
12-20-2003, 01:19 PM
Actually, she looks like my wife, who is half-Japanese...

very nice work!

rmatlchans
12-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Yeah, Shes looks an asian for me.. :)

I AM an asian, and I havd seen many women look like her..

I mean.. look more like white people..

All you are talking about What need to be look like to be an asian is like.. very treditional.. I think..

Lots of asian girl have double wrinkles for eye shadow too.

What I am going to pick for some reason is that.. the eye bow..

Asian around me dont have that kinds of eye bow. Of cos Many have that too! But thats about how to make up.

The way of making up the eye bow makes more western than asian, I guess..

Zukum
12-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Actually I like this piece a lot. It is not a stereotype of asians but a woman of some mixed heritage. It is refreshing to see an image of a person not from the cookie-cutter mold.

My one crit is the bangs of her hairsort of seem plopped on not conformaing with the rest of her part line or style.

Olmirad
01-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Hi all and thanks for good c+c! After a short while i made a few morph tests and renders with this model, i guess it's okey to post to this thread...

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~olmirad/2003_061_woman_v3_smile2.jpg

darkefire
01-18-2004, 10:56 PM
yeah you know what? nevermind what we were saying. you have yourself a winner there!!!!

if you can model the rest of the body half as good as your work on the head, i will personally come to your place of residence and bow before you :buttrock:

Woyman
01-19-2004, 04:11 AM
She looks really good. My only concern is the eyes. Asian as in orient do not have double eyelids. You need to remove the wrinkle above the eye. Other than that, excellent work.

Actually that's not true at all. A lot of Asian people have double eyelids. Your comment was like saying "All Swedes have blond hair." Which isn't true.

Personally, I think she looks mixed. She actually looks a lot like Ann Curry from NBC. Who is half japanese.

http://www.msnbc.com/onair/bios/a_curry.asp

http://www.msnbc.com/onair/bios/Global/curry_a.jpg

I dunno if she was your reference. :) But good work!

Woyman
01-19-2004, 04:20 AM
No, not that asian looking at all. Looks like she had surgery on her eyes too.

It is true that a lot of asian girls and guys (in japan, korea, taiwan, etc.) who do not have "double eye lids" or eye lid folds can get an operation in order to achieve this look. However, this can be spotted in close inspection with unnatural double eye lid lines (i.e. the line doesn't go all the way to the end of the eyes).

TheGreenGiant
01-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi!

very nice work there. I do however think that the lips can be a touch lower and there seems to be something a bit funny with the jaw - maybe a side view would be useful for crits? I also think that the purple highlight in the hair is distracting; the image has a very airbrushed look to it (I don't know if its intentional).

Ann Curry rocks!

L.Edy
01-19-2004, 11:05 AM
an asian woman.
an office executive woman i guess :)
i think her eye brow needs more works :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.