PDA

View Full Version : rigging feet at an angle

d0c
12-17-2003, 04:57 PM
hi i noticed another thread with a similair question but i didnt want to invade it . :)

my question is .. i'm rigging this character but his feet is point off at an angle. can anyone tell me how i can set this up so i dont run into any problems. i'm not sure if it is as simple as just rotating the foot ctrl disconnecting it freezing transforms and then reconnecting it. any advice is appreciated

here is the image of the character

Dave (http://www3.sympatico.ca/vivet/dave2.jpg)

Doogie
12-17-2003, 10:46 PM
It looks like you're going to have more of a problem with the hips than the feet. Things should go normally, just make sure the joints' (knee, ankle, everything that applies) rotation goes along with the slightly different ankle

d0c
12-18-2003, 12:28 AM
so far my hips seem to work fine .. maybe what your saying will occur after i connect up the foot.. i'm pretty new to rigging i dont know all that much .. i did a test with the leg based on my knowledge.. i'm posting the scene file if anyone wants to take a look at it maybe give me suggestions or anything..

thx

TEST RIG (www3.sympatico.ca/vivet/test_foot_rig.mb)

verbal007
12-18-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by d0c
hi i noticed another thread with a similair question but i didnt want to invade it . :)

"invade"?? Heh... GET OUT OF MY FORUMS!! ;)

The rig looks fine to me. You used bones to create the reverse foot, so you didn't really have to worry about it being angled off worldspace.

Although... ya might wanna put another group above the toe pivot, to give him the ability to pivot on his heel. If ya wanted, you could also then do the classic set driven key for footroll, with the positive values acting much like your current footroll attr works, but the negative values rolling back on his heel.

Seen the character before... but don't think I've mentioned it... nice character. :thumbsup:

- Jeremy

d0c
12-18-2003, 05:38 AM
thx for checking it out man .. i'll rebuilt it up into the rest of the rig for my character. ..

right now i'm trying to find out how to get my influence curve that i'm using on my low res mesh .. to drive the influence curve on the high res mesh so i can just animate with the low res one

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.