PDA

View Full Version : still: Sword

lubiya
12-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Hi everybody,:wavey:

This is my first image here. It's done with Maya.
Please let me know what you think about it.
Thanks...

http://www.rasterpiece.com/files/images/sword.jpg

DrQuincy
12-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Excellent, the detail on that handle is just fantasic. The table texture lets it down slightly though, looks a little flat and too low-res. Still, brilliant work!

retrop
12-17-2003, 04:19 PM
is the detail texture or modeled?

PanzerBoy
12-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Wow, this is great work! The detail on the sword hilt and the goblet are amazing. This is front-page work IMHO.

I think the wood texture is a little low-res in comparison to the sword and maybe the wine in the gobblet should be a little more reflective. But that's just me being picky.

lubiya
12-17-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks guys.
maybe i should try to fix the texture of the table.

Originally posted by retrop
is the detail texture or modeled?
Lets say 50-50! Some parts of the detail on the sword is the model, and the rest is texture.

retrop
12-18-2003, 12:01 PM
well, i would really like to see a wire... :)

DrQuincy
12-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Yeah can you post a wire?

lubiya
12-18-2003, 02:40 PM
ok, here is some wireframe images

http://www.rasterpiece.com/files/images/sword_wire01.jpg
http://www.rasterpiece.com/files/images/sword_wire02.jpg

mikepolizos
12-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Love it!
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

misterboogie
12-18-2003, 04:59 PM
I'm diggin it! The only thing that bothers me that's been mentioned before is the table texture. It's way too crappy. Try using a more high res image.

flegos
12-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Nice detailed work, I like the sword s!
Make a new, better texture for table, and show to us the whole sword I will see:bounce:
Keep it up! :beer:

sorry for my bad english

Man
12-18-2003, 06:14 PM
i think you could work on the lighting, this is a great scene , very well textured and modelled, but there's something missing you know?

if u made something more dramatic it would look alot better (at least for me:rolleyes: )

i agree about the table's texture

lubiya
12-19-2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks for all your comments,
and here is the new version of the image with a new table texture.
hope you like it.

http://www.rasterpiece.com/files/images/sword_final.jpg

munsils
12-19-2003, 06:45 PM
New version is much better, now show us the whole sword :)

The Time Serpent
12-19-2003, 08:16 PM
well i like the textures and the details but:

the handle of the sword (between the pommel and the guard) would be better as leather strap texture (it will give more realistic look and will draw more attention the the modeled details of the guard and the pommel)

the blade looks cheap and plastic, and its not only the texture but lack of modeling attention to the blade, you need to reshape it.

now the goblet, i really really like but the upper rim (maybe even with the riveted part) should be round not hexagonal, try to blend it into a round rim (its not very comfortable to drink out of somethin with flat or cornered rim, your drink will spill on you all the time) also the lighting doesnt do good to it, it doesnt draw attention to the goblet details, also compared to the sword the goblet is tiny! make it bigger!

gcolson
12-19-2003, 10:10 PM
It may be just me but the goblet looks too small in comparision to the handle of the sword. Nice improvement on the table texture however it looks like the specular may be a bit high.

chizzy
12-20-2003, 12:07 AM
I love it! instant desktop!

Cheers!:beer:

Eaglespirit
12-20-2003, 01:00 AM
really nice. Love the fabric and most parts of the sword handle.

but the blade looks too plastic and some parts of the handle are too flat. For example the area with shields and the green thing. And as said before, the goblet should be a little more reflective. At least on the inside. Maybe set the angle of the light a little higher and closer to the camera so the goblet get more visible. Although i don't know what happens to the fabric then.

Anyway, great work :buttrock:

Oktavian
12-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Your second version is much better - great work :thumbsup: .

Rotamus
12-20-2003, 10:44 AM
indeed my first reaction was that the goblet was far too small.... i dont know about the hexy design but its unique .... table looks much better!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.