PDA

View Full Version : NEW FFVII - CGI movie scan here.

TheGreenGiant
12-17-2003, 03:36 PM
thought some of the boys on this forum might like to look at these.

Get in before it disapperars.

http://www.ffxionline.net/forum/stuff/scan/ff7advent_scan.jpg

zzacmann
12-17-2003, 04:16 PM
I keep hearing about this, but Im still not sure what exactly it is. Im guessing that SquareEnix is developing a fully CGI film based on the characters from the Final Fantasy VII video game.?.

Spankspeople
12-17-2003, 04:39 PM
Oh sweet, is that Reno?

And Barret... doesn't look quite right. His hand's all wrong... and he's not wearing enough gold chains.

"I pity da fool who runs a Mako reactor!"

eliseu gouveia
12-17-2003, 05:48 PM
I think Barrett looks good.
Remember that he didnīt have a right hand (it was severed) but rather a prosthetic weapon attached to his arm.
So it works for me.
Different haircut (not a bad thing), jaw slightly smaller, but altogeher, Iīm looking forward to this. :)
But screw that, what I want is to see TIFFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Spankspeople
12-17-2003, 05:55 PM
Oh no, I like the robot hand... but I don't like the fact that it's a hand rather than a gun, or a drill(he had a drill, right?)...

And I love Sephiroth(is that Sephiroth, or a clone or whatever?).. he just looks so... evil.

And is that Aerith in the bottom right corner on the ground? Maybe I'm just seeing things.

PhilOsirus
12-17-2003, 06:49 PM
Barret could replace his arm with anything; gun, drill, boxing glove.

The guy we see might not be Sephiroth, and if I remember right in an interview it was stated it wasn't.

The guy with the gun I don't know. Ruffus is not dead is he? Bah, doesn't look like him anyway.

And the scene in the bottom right is definitly a flashback to Aeris' burial because Cloud is not wearing his new suit.

Per-Anders
12-17-2003, 07:19 PM
i presume that the ruins and big gun (towards the top of the page) are the remains of midigar and shinra hq.

to be honest i'm still not convinced by the style, however it'll depend a great deal on the animation, hopefully square will put up a decent quality trailer at some point soon so we can all see.

erilaz
12-17-2003, 11:57 PM
If I didn't have such excellent bladder control, I'd wet my pants in anticipation of this film.:drool:

And there's that very familiar pool scene down the bottom right there... maybe we'll get to see some kickass flashbacks!:D

SheepFactory
12-18-2003, 12:19 AM
I am with mdme , I am holding off any judgement until i see the animation.

Ching T
12-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory
I am with mdme , I am holding off any judgement until i see the animation.

I saw a trailer at tokyo game show while ago, I looked pretty good so far. Yes and i definitely going to buy it next year.

p.s. girl in the bottom is Aeris but from the past.

Keiyentai
12-18-2003, 08:34 AM
From what I have read it is based 3 years after FFVII took place. It will have flash backs from what happended in FFVII like Sephiroth destorying the village and so on. As well as new stuff. I saw the Japanese trailor and I about pissed my self. I want this movie when it is released. It's suppose to be packed with a PS2 version of FFVII from what I have heard. :D I want I want I want.

playmesumch00ns
12-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Crikey I gotta find me a copy of FFVII from somewhere. Greatest video game experience ever.

TheGreenGiant
12-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by playmesumch00ns
Crikey I gotta find me a copy of FFVII from somewhere. Greatest video game experience ever.

ditto... if I only I hadn't sold my psone collection when I moved overseas.

except the greatest video game experience for me would be

REZ

PhilOsirus
12-18-2003, 05:02 PM
I can't find REZ anywhere myself. Hopefully a sequel will be made.

FabioMSilva
12-19-2003, 10:00 PM
barret needs more beard! and whats with the haircut! its horrible!

but at least sounds like barret...in his looks that is

barret was so cool:D i like him alot...as all the other characters in FFVII with the exception of XIII and caith sit after the treason.

Man
12-19-2003, 11:50 PM
boy.... watching this thing is already on my to do list of 2004...

KolbyJukes
12-20-2003, 01:15 AM
So this is a feature film or a video game or what?

forgive my final fantasy incompetence.

Is it going to get released in the US/Canada?

-kol.

PhilOsirus
12-21-2003, 01:36 AM
It is a feature film of one hour. It will be released in summer 2004 (supposedly summer), and rumors say a rerelease of FFVII will occur at the same time, it will either come with the movie or be a special edition.

Pibonne Zuntata
12-21-2003, 02:43 AM
:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.