PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicles of Riddick Trailer

belail
12-17-2003, 04:57 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/thechroniclesofriddick/

I'm definately keen for this so far but two things struck me as odd.

1) They don't actually show a lot of Vin Diesel's character
2)I'm convinced that they're using part of the Half Life soundtrack in there.

Cogliostros
12-17-2003, 05:15 AM
lame...

Where's the damn Predators!

:banghead:

SJames
12-17-2003, 05:25 AM
Stupid Vin Diesel.. anyways, it looks kind of cool.

GRMac13
12-17-2003, 05:57 AM
What the? I wasn't expecting this at all. No clue what the hell it's about (other than that Diesel is reprising his role from Pitch Black), but the art direction and FX look pretty interesting. What does this have to do with PB other than the fact that it's the same lead character? Anyone with info, please respond.

Nikodemus
12-17-2003, 07:08 AM
i was watching it getting somewhat interested... and then i realized it was Vin Diesel, and he was talking.. and i decided .. not watching it.. anyone else just get really annoyed with his "acting" i dont know but he is someone that turns me away from a movie with no second thoughts.
:rolleyes:

Myce
12-17-2003, 09:16 AM
the trailer looks pretty kewl, cant wait for it to come out but it sounds like an old story where the aliens try to wipe out humanity. thats wat i gathered from the trailer anyway.
some kewl fx too.
Hope its not all fx and no story line but im a sucker for full on action.:thumbsup:

KolbyJukes
12-17-2003, 01:39 PM
I love Vin Diesel! I know, I'm one of the few.

The art direction reminds me of the Dune mini, or <shudder> Dungeons and Dragons <shudder>. I'm looking forward to seeing the film, even though it seems to be nothing like the original.

Rock on Vin Diesel! You are the MAN! :buttrock:

-Kol.

thecrow
12-17-2003, 04:56 PM
I like the fact he is picking his moives, he did not do xxx2
he did not do a fast and a what ever 2.
It showes he is more then about the money. Given a chance I think he will grow as an actor.
-Crow
:thumbsup:

heavyness
12-17-2003, 04:57 PM
"This is the sequel to Pitch Black, based upon a story idea by David Twohy. This is the first of three planned sequels to that film, but whether the 3rd and 4th movies get made depends upon how well this second film does at the box office. If they do, Twohy is already signed on to direct. "

i think it looks ok, going to have to wait to see more before i say anthing else. i like Diesel as an actor, we was great Saving Private Ryan...

KWAK is right, has a Dune feel to it

talos72
12-17-2003, 06:07 PM
I too thought the sequel would explore the original predator aliens more, but guess I was wrong. I am of the camp that finds Diesel somewhat annoying (his best role was as the voice of Iron Giant).

I am not keen on the idea of these new aliens (if they are aliens) being so humanoid...been there done that. What made the original Pitch Black cool were the interesting alien designs and their natural history. I simply didn't think Riddick was an interesting enough a character to warrant his own movie. Oh well.

The trailer shows some interesting costume designs, but it keeps reminding me of a made for tv sci fi flick or a Star Treck episode.

jgibz
12-17-2003, 08:19 PM
I thought "Into Pitch Black" was pretty decent for a low budget film. Its definately not a favorite of mine, but seeing it makes me want to see this "Riddick" one, otherwise I would probably dismiss this as another bad movie- another bad movie with awesome vfx that iz... :)

bentllama
12-17-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by KWAK
I love Vin Diesel! I know, I'm one of the few.

Rock on Vin Diesel! You are the MAN! :buttrock:

you are not the only one.

go iron giant go.

t-toe
12-18-2003, 12:55 AM
hmm.. the trailer kinda has me worried... it could be good, but it probably won't be.

rendermaniac
12-18-2003, 01:31 AM
I had to look a couple of times. Don't you think the girl with the guns looks very like Lara Croft? I thought they'd cut a few scenes in to see if anyone noticed.

Simon

KolbyJukes
12-18-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by bentllama
you are not the only one.

go iron giant go.

Sweet! Another vin diesel-ite - we're a rare and dying breed it seems.

I was under the impression this trailer would play in front of ROTK, but to my surprise, there were no trailers in front of ROTK...was that just at my theatre?

=Kol.

holosynthetic
12-18-2003, 11:11 AM
after watching this trailer the first thing i thought of was that it was a prequal..but i may be wrong

ScribbleHEAD
12-18-2003, 01:54 PM
I must say i'm not much of a Vin diesel devotee, but this movie looks quite interesting - i hope it has a good story in the end, vfx is not what makes me want to spend my 15 bucks :D

Btw it looks like it takes place, some 5 years after Pitch black ended.

Link (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405422&intl=us )

And yeah the art direction really looks familiar :)

thecrow
12-18-2003, 03:20 PM
You know Vin is big into games. Tigon his new company!
maby he might post here some time?

Time will tell about the movie. It looks good. However in the past eye candy will only take you so far. *NEW STARWARS* It must be story driven....

Fingers crossed.
-Crow

bentllama
12-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by KWAK
Sweet! Another vin diesel-ite - we're a rare and dying breed it seems.

I was under the impression this trailer would play in front of ROTK, but to my surprise, there were no trailers in front of ROTK...was that just at my theatre?

=Kol.

I saw it in front of LOTR:ROTK

d4rk
12-18-2003, 06:14 PM
been waiting for this one, I get done with finals and then look online and WOW the trailer is up!

Can't wait, though I may have to see it alone, not sure if my wife will go with me... she'll probably just roll her eyes at this one :rolleyes:

Zastrozzi
12-18-2003, 07:36 PM
I went to see ROTK as well and the reson there were no trailers in front of it in the theater i went to was that the Heads (trailers) hadn't arrived on time for the head projectionist to attach them...

onlooker
12-18-2003, 11:21 PM
I too saw it before ROTK, and I think it looks awesome! I love action, and SciFi. I could care less about the actor, but I thought Pitch Black was a pretty good flick for what it was. I have no Opinion of Vin Diesel's acting, because unless an actor is a completely atrocious actor I don't notice. I can fall right into the movie.

I will probably go see this one. It looks pretty good to me.

BTW, I new this in the works a long time ago, and I heard it was a type of prequil. chronicles of what Riddik did before Pitch Black. Now it looks that this is exactly what it is.

dmonk
12-18-2003, 11:55 PM
I actually think it looks damn interseting. Not groundbreaking, but I'll give it a go.

PhilOsirus
12-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Looks like one of those sci-fi TV series like Adromeda and Earth Conflict-thingie.

stakk4
12-19-2003, 01:12 AM
I'm sure my wife will be hounding me for us to go see it. I think she's a little bit TOO much of a Vin Diesel fan. hrmph

Ah well. She puts up with me freaking out about every Angelina Jolie movie. I guess it evens out. :shrug:

But yeah, it does look interesting.

oxyg3n
12-19-2003, 05:10 AM
I saw this too at the Rotk premiere. It looks interesting. I love sci-fi movies.

INteresing if you look at the source code for the links to the movie you will find this:

Riddick has spent the last five years on the move among the forgotten worlds on the outskirts of the galaxy, eluding mercenaries bent on collecting the price on his head. Now, the fugitive finds himself on planet Helion, home to a progressive multicultural society that has been invaded by the Lord Marshal, a despot who targets humans for subjugation with his army of warriors known as Necromongers.

Exiled to a subterranean prison where extremes of temperature range from arctic nights to volcanic days, Riddick encounters Kyra, the lone survivor from an earlier chapter in his life. His efforts to free himself and Kyra lead him to the Necromonger command ship, where he is pitted against the Lord Marshal in an apocalyptic battle with possibly the fate of all beings-both living and dead-hanging in the balance.

DaJuice
12-19-2003, 07:53 AM
I really liked the first one, so I'll probably watch this one (haven't seen the trailer yet). Johns (Cole Hauser), from the first movie, ranks among my favorite villains.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.