PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Stuff?

miccgil88
12-17-2003, 03:40 AM
I'm kind of new to 3ds max, but am catching on rather quickly. Anyway, what someone told me to do, was to get myself a pretty big project, and just learn to do it. Whether it be through tutorial or just from actually doing it. So here's the deal. I'm really big into pirates and stuff, and I was wondering if anybody had any links to blueprints, or to tutorials on making pirate ships, or weapons, or other pirate things.

Thank you

SuperMax
12-18-2003, 01:32 AM
Isnt it better to start off with small project that you could actually finish?
Something that will help you learn how to model.

Instead of a big project like that, that could turn out to be very frustrating and then throwing it all away before you even build a ships Mast??

But if you looking for ships stuff, im into Pirate stuff myself, you could try some actual Miniature Model ship plans. There shold be lots of them on the net.
Ive found a few myself.

miccgil88
12-18-2003, 01:37 AM
Ya, I know what you mean, I've done a few small things, and I realize that I'm not an expert and shouldn't neccesarily be able to do the big stuff yet, so i'm not worried about throwing it away. I've just done some small stuff from a few different tutorials i've seen. Do you have any links to any of the blueprints, cuz I'm having a hard time find thing them. Or do you at least know what to search for? Thanks.

tx413
12-21-2003, 02:37 AM
You could also get a book.

There's "Mastering the Art of Production" which guides you through producing a short commercial. Chapter after chapter of tutorials on modeling, texturing, animation, and compositing, all combining into a full finished animated commercial.

Or there's the "3DS Max Workshop" series by Loose, where each book is a separate 3D scene. I don't think they're animated.

They helped me. I haven't heard much on what others have done.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.