PDA

View Full Version : My Frozen Throne Hero's Walk (Slither)

bar2sek
12-17-2003, 03:29 AM
Hey, I'm back with my Frozen Throne character but this time I'd like everyone to take a look at his first animation cycle. Never did hit up the textures, moved right on to rigging and animation :D I was trying to figure out how something like that would move, and I figured he might have to use some momentum in his arms, torso, and the serpent heads to keep him moving while the inch worm action of his snake body is propelling him along. Anyway, please take a look at it and give me any crits you can see. I'd like to get his locomotion figured out so I may move on to other cycles and more complex animations.

Thank you! Might take a few seconds to load, so please be patient and critique!

Slither Cycle (http://www.bar2sek.com/warcraftchar.htm)

bar2sek
12-18-2003, 02:04 AM
Hey everyone, I'd really like to get some feedback so I can continue animating this character and I highly value feedback. So please, post up.

Thank you

Akildee
12-18-2003, 05:16 PM
keep in mind I am not an animator (modeler texturer), but I used to do animation and you haven't got any replies so I figured I'd give it a shot. Right now the modtion is looking less fierce and more clunky. I would move his back end like a cobra. Keep the tail always on the ground and have the end of the tail push the body forward in an s shape(so if you were looking from the top the tail would look line an S). Like it's slithering instead of hoping. The arms on the back look good, but I would exagerate the shoulders a little more in it's motion. As for the hands, the movement is ok but the position should be closer to the ground. I don't know if you want to go monkey style and actually have the hands help with the motion but they are so long that you definitely could. Right now the seem odd being held that high. Almost like his hands are more of a hinderance than a help. I really think they should be lower if you can do it. Think more slither and less hop is my overall critique I guess! The good thing is that you obviously have some skills from the motion but I just don't think he would move the way you have him moving. Hope this helps!

akil

bar2sek
12-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Wow man, thanks a lot! Just when I thought no one would reply. I'll get to work on those changes right away because I think you have a good point in he is lumbering a bit too much instead of looking tough. Thanks again!

Akildee
12-19-2003, 05:15 AM
no prob man, just post a new version when you make the changes so that we can see!

akil

rob-beddall
12-19-2003, 11:51 AM
hey!!

just an idea....

what i would do is make it so that he has to drag himself along the floor with his arms. probably not what you had in mind i just think it would look cool. yep. an perhaps just used his tail for a spring attack. uh huh

cheers!!

bar2sek
12-19-2003, 05:39 PM
haha, yeah, a buddy of mine suggested that also. I will do a tail whip kinda thing with him using those to support himself, but I think he might dull his blades too much f he used them to move.

Thanks for the feedback!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.