PDA

View Full Version : Gnomon Workshop releases new Character Animation DVDs

leigh
12-17-2003, 03:58 AM
From the press release:

THE GNOMON WORKSHOP RELEASES CHARACTER ANIMATION DVDS
Feature Animator Cameron Hood Joins The Gnomon Workshop

December 15th, 2003 -- HOLLYWOOD. The Gnomon Workshop has released three new training DVDs by feature animator Cameron Hood. Focused on both the aesthetic and technical art of digital character animation with Maya, these four titles contain over 6 hours of instruction, lecture notes and project scene files. Students new to animation, or artists transitioning from 2D to 3D, will benefit from these titles.

“We are thrilled to be releasing the first three titles in an all new Character Animation series of training DVDs.”, explains Alex Alvarez, Director of the Gnomon Workshop. “Cameron Hood has been teaching with Gnomon for over two years, during which time he has trained dozens of students and professionals. He is one of our most popular instructors, and has helped to dramatically raise the quality of work done by our students. His professional experience as both a traditional and digital character animator allows him to share valuable workflow and technique.”

“I am really happy to be involved with the Gnomon Workshop,” explains Cameron Hood. “The chance to pass on tips, tricks, tools and approach is very exciting. I certainly have benefited from the teachings of others and hope to share that knowledge throughout these lectures.”

Cameron Hood is currently a lead Character Animator working for Dreamworks Feature Animation. He was formerly a senior Character Animator at Sony Pictures Imageworks. Credits include: Sharktale, Sinbad, Stuart Little 2, Spirit, The Road to El Dorado and the Prince of Egypt. He is a graduate of Sheridan College’s animation program.

Gnomon Workshop DVDs are priced at USD$69 and can be purchased online at www.thegnomonworkshop.com. Academic pricing is available. Each title includes 120 minutes of instruction, lecture notes and bonus material.

erilaz
12-17-2003, 03:59 AM
These guys make me want to buy Maya just so I can get all their stuff!:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.