PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys sell your old hardware?

GXAlan
12-17-2003, 12:54 AM
I have a used Quadro FX 2000 which I'm looking to sell. The used market seems quite small since most people are just interested in gaming.

MattClary
12-17-2003, 12:02 PM
I usually sell to people in my office, but I price it to sell. I don't expect to get that much for it.

JDex
12-17-2003, 12:10 PM
I often donate my used equipment to the local school district or boys and girls club. Helps kids get on the right track and intrested in computers/graphics.

GregHess
12-17-2003, 12:34 PM
I sell to friends or co-workers. If its more then a few years old, I just give it away to friends who might need it, or save as a spare.

Usually 50% whatever the going rate is.

Which would be around 600ish for the Quadro 2000 FX.

You can also try ebay if you want to get more of your investment back.

MadMax
12-17-2003, 04:20 PM
eBay.

I upgrade frequently, and getting rid of stuff on eBay is a fast way to get a good return on your investment.

Uisng eBay, my upgrades rarely ever cost me much money. Use a board for a year, put it on eBay and I maybe lose 20-30 dollars over what I paid.

singularity2006
12-17-2003, 05:58 PM
I usually give it away to family members. Actually, I give it to my aunt who is perhaps the cheapest person on the planet. She has the mentality of "oh, it'll get cheaper and stronger next year." However, she has that mentality so set in stone that she'll never really buy hardware..... her kids are still using a beat up old Dell L400 that I recently upgraded to a "whopping" 128MB of RAM and a 633 Celeron processor.... I also upgraded the video card as well as other things... man, that machine is beat up. She's been saying "oh, when my daughter gets into elementary/ middle school / high school, I'll buy a new laptop" ever since her daughter was in pre-school. -.-"

Anyhow, the rest of it, I wait until I can no longer give to my relatives before I sell it all on EBay all at once. I usually find that selling hella items at once increases the likelihood that people will see all my stuff. And it does rake in a fair amount.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.