PDA

View Full Version : character_The Assassin_in the mood for love

e338
12-17-2003, 12:34 AM
Hi fellas.

I had a little time for me so i tryed another picture with my dear friend The Assassin, a closer look.

You already know the guy i think. It's another attempt with him. I decided to change some colours (red); even though he'll be easier to be seen in the dark, i'm not afraid for him ;)

http://www.e338.com/forums/assassinElectrical_a.jpg

Hope you'll like.

http://www.e338.com/forums/assassinElectrical_crop_a.jpg
http://www.e338.com/forums/assassinElectrical_crop_b.jpg

Maya+Photoshop+painter, as usual. Hell. I'm so predictable.

i have updated my website, specially 3d and illustration section. still a nightmare for slow connections but... mmff... sorry.

See ya

chris140
12-17-2003, 12:38 AM
whats your websites url? o yea, and it looks awesome

Man
12-17-2003, 12:38 AM
that looks amazing!

how did you give the 2d look to it??just painted over??is it shader??if its shader con u show the settings?

thnx

Nostradamus
12-17-2003, 12:41 AM
still damn amazing! :)

vlad74
12-17-2003, 02:15 AM
amazing as usual.I love the 2d look of your scenes. Great colours. You did a lot of PS retouching I suppose. 5 stars.

RedSilas
12-17-2003, 04:14 AM
Nice work... I like the detail in the head piece... the force persp. on the hand is good too... The only crit. I have is that to me the background (which is interesting) seems almost too busy. Also, if lighting were really striking his head I think the shadows would be darker on his face. It looks good though... just a little washed out.

Good Job!

darnel25
12-17-2003, 06:44 AM
Very very nice. This image has so much energy in it.

mmProj
12-17-2003, 07:04 AM
you legend ..... i thought your last pic couldnt be topped....... but for me this one has ............ he looks like he is powering up for a big fight (or assassination) to me...... great work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RenaudBellefon
12-17-2003, 07:07 AM
whouuuu damned excellent. The background en the pose is so go.
To picture in the night from two Frenchie...

Happy happy...

Keep doing
Great job

clap :)

Sqwall
12-17-2003, 07:08 AM
COOOOL. Super cool!!! This killa' is superb. It has so many assets taken from anime. But only the good one. The styled in cool euro feel. Man I love this images. :bounce:

e338
12-17-2003, 12:51 PM
thanks for the comments fellas.
There is no magical shader in here. a 3 points lighting first with textures, then a white rendering using GI Joe.
Then, 8 hours in photoshop overpainting the result.
That's the way i like it.

I won't spend hours on shaders, except for animation purpose. What i wanna do is illustrations, and cg is a base. that's all. i really enjoy modelling. It goes fast, you don't have to wait for damn computations (thinking about rendering tests). It's a real natural process i think, such as painting.

http://www.e338.com/forums/assassinElectrical_wip.jpg

xavier-marquis
12-17-2003, 03:42 PM
c trop bon :) .. j'adore.

shaftoe
12-17-2003, 06:14 PM
HFS!!!
Incredible style! I'd love to see this guy in a film/game/book!

Roman
12-17-2003, 06:23 PM
hej, will this one be available as a poster also? (like the other 2)

muckymouse
12-17-2003, 06:54 PM
This is very cool! I really like the pose and the comic book feel. One question tho: Does he kill with his bare hands?

maybe a cool weapon should be in order..

=RUnyon

nobrain
12-17-2003, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by e338
[B] i really enjoy modelling. It goes fast, you don't have to wait for damn computations (thinking about rendering tests). It's a real natural process i think, such as painting.

That is awesome, I couldn't believe how detailed the modelling (I'll even say its excitingly excessive) is on a piece that doesn't fix itself on any one part.
Now to ask my question, how does modelling become a natural process, out of everything 3d its the one part I hate the most because of the tediousness (hearing words like vertices, nurbs make me cringe), I've heard of clay modellers and all new ways to model but have yet to try a different approach.
If anyone knows of a modeller that makes full use of a tablet pen I'd like to know.

Hexodam
12-17-2003, 09:40 PM
sweet,
past two wallpapers have been from you, now its up to three
amazing style

frontpage stuff:bowdown:

e338
12-18-2003, 12:29 AM
yo

mmm... about the natural process in modelling and the tablet pen stuff:

modelling, when you love polygon stuff, is really easy. You don't have to deal with many fonctions (10-20...) and it doesn't need computation. That means for me that you don't have to wait in front of your computer to see the result. you move a vertice, it moves. You extrude a face (or a bunch of faces), they got extruded. It's kinda realTime. You can have fun modelling details, muscles, weird shapes, etc... It is fast..

Then, you move your camera back, and watch to the whole shape, and say to yourself: "hell, it is crap".
in that case, there are two possibilities. The whole thing is crap. well. sorry for that. You have to go back to the earlier version.

Second case, it's a problem of proportions and how the different part fits together or not , and you can change the whole shape by using Artisan (for exemple-MAYAMAYAMAYARRRRRULES) in a really natural process.
That's what i like in modelling. This is also true with subDiv.
You see what i mean?

With polygons and a tablet, it's really natural. That's my opinion.

When you're not sure, have a break. Take some coffee, make some exercise... sleep. Then watch again. what is wrong, what is cool?

mmm... i'm gonna talk about it later, it's time for me to eat... This night, it was party time, so i'm dead drunk and i think it's not the best way to explain such a process... i'm sorry for that.

yeah, disconnected from our dear friends computers,we're still humans ;)

My best whishes to you all

See ya fellas

nobrain
12-18-2003, 04:53 PM
Hey you explained just fine. Appreciate the feedback, I don't know how maya is a with a pen, but the absense of a middle mouse button (I know about the eraser..) its kind of a chore in max.

Anywho... awesome combo render/paint in the image, its also cool to see renaud in here, huge respect for both you guys skills as artists.

e338
12-18-2003, 08:07 PM
thanks,

mm... about the middle mouse button, what do you mean? there is a mmb with the tab. if you press the pen on the tab, it acts like the left mouse button, then, you have two other options with the button on the side of the pen (on the wacom ones).

One more thing, about maya and pens:
It's amazing. You can play with artisan for modelling, both with polygons and nurbs. You can also use it for fine tuning your skinning, paint effect 2&3d and 3d texture tool too, etc...
It gives much more controls for a lot of processes in Maya, and i think this is not true with Max also because of the way you navigate in your scenes.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.