PDA

View Full Version : Still: Photoreal trumpet attempt

otacon
12-17-2003, 12:07 AM
Well, like the title says, this is my attempt at a realistic looking trumpet. Tell me if you think i succeded, or tell me if you think it looks like crap.:p Any comment is a good comment!
http://www.redrival.com/otacon/trumpet4.jpg
*if image doesnt show copy this and paste in address bar http://www.redrival.com/otacon/trumpet4.jpg

chris140
12-17-2003, 12:46 AM
it looks photorealiztic, great job

Hysteria
12-17-2003, 02:23 AM
Sweet model! Only crit is the part you blow into doesn't look very real...

DeathGoth
12-17-2003, 02:42 AM
So Octane we meet again.... this time to crit your work.... WOOHOOO!!!!?!?!?!

well 1 i am not 1 to kiss ones ass... and 2 I dont care who u are i always have a crit.... now for your work....

it dont look photo real.. why here is why,....

how many textures do you have on there... 3 maybe 4.... 2 a trumpet has more than that 1 color to it and it has more knobs and such... it looks like a plastic toy.. there should be more shine to it... add clutter to the room to add to the realism effect... the lighting is ok.. no bitching about that.... the texture on the ground looks like crap....

now i edspect a flame.. but guess what... I dont care... I know this dont look photo real no where near it... you wanted a comment i gave you one just not possitive....
and to everyone else that thinks I cant take/give critisism screw off.. thats how i got as lowsy as i am in 3d now.. lame crits from some of the worst people in the 3d world... wow the irony in that comment... anyway try harder u will get there... but really study a trumpet in a band or something.. they are more shiny than that... and darker and dark in some areas sometimes... there is silver on the finger peices... and such.. you made it all 1 color...

anyway thats it...

otacon
12-17-2003, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the comments. And by the way my name is otacon, not octane. Anyway, DeathGoth, thanks for the crit, although your typing is heck to read. I agree about the colors...although i think it has more to do with the lighting than with the actual color....maybe ill add a gradient with a slightly darker color....and not all trumpets have the same amount of shine, it depends on how old they are. I disagree with what you said about it needing more knobs....I have a trumpet sitting in front of me now and it has just as many knobs as my model. Also, i didnt want to add clutter to the scene because i wanted the focus to be on the trumpet.;)

DeathGoth
12-17-2003, 02:57 AM
not clutter in the actual scene... as in reflecting off the peice... so it looks and shows the depth of the room... it will make it worth while to look at... more thought into looking... and so on... I donno.. I am just going by what i see in parades... cant kill me for a honewst judgement.. anyway its ok.. i dont agree it looks photo real...

OHH and about my typing.. I donno what the deal is... the more i spend on the computer the wrose it gets... pretty soon I will be typing

lleh sa yehg lla.. anyway sorry about that...

Novakog
12-17-2003, 03:08 AM
I agree with Death Goth a little, but not to his extent. It IS very good, but he was right about one thing. You only have one shader. On a trumpet, there should be at least 2, one for the brass and the other for the "silver" type thing (this should go on the mouth piece and on the cyclinders that the "buttons" stand on). The other thing is on the mouth piece, it looks like you have "dull" reflections. In other words, it looks like you're using env maps that aren't HDR, so try that.

But like Death Goth, I give a crit to almost everybody. This is a fantastic job nonetheless.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.