View Full Version : Character: modeler DEMO

kenkenclub
12-16-2003, 10:29 PM
http://home.pacbell.net/kenyu168/FRANK.JPG
http://home.pacbell.net/kenyu168/DAVID.JPG

kenkenclub
12-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Hi all:
I am a modeler, so for me, it's finish work.
anything is welcome and hope i can get a lot of it...
many thanks~

Attilathehun
12-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Whoa.....amazing modeling...great work...no words here looks almost perfect.....but could you post some wires too please? Thanks....nice work again

-Attila

Basie
12-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Perfecto!! :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

aesir
12-17-2003, 12:38 AM
yea that modeling really is amazing. The only thing I didnt really like was the way you did the hair on the 2nd guy. Some of the hair was fine, when it came into spiky tips. But I didnt like it when it was a rectangle. Hairs dont come in rectangles like that I think

yangmiemie
12-17-2003, 01:00 AM
nice model
:applause:

Hysteria
12-17-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by aesir
yea that modeling really is amazing. The only thing I didnt really like was the way you did the hair on the 2nd guy. Some of the hair was fine, when it came into spiky tips. But I didnt like it when it was a rectangle. Hairs dont come in rectangles like that I think

Thats for when texturing with alpha transparancies.

mta3d
12-17-2003, 02:03 AM
move vertex #345,786 to the left 1 mm and its perfect :p

slice56
12-17-2003, 02:26 AM
amazing work!! :buttrock:

but, it seems like you should model the nipples on the 2nd guy. he seems pretty high poly, so you might as well model them in there ;) thats teh only thing that stands out to me :)

DeathGoth
12-17-2003, 04:20 AM
hey i thought tomas jefferson died... dude... thats cool looking.... I would crit but i cant get over the fact that u made the dude who got zapped by a lightning bolt...

anoe_nomus
12-17-2003, 05:00 AM
:buttrock: excellent work.
wires pls.
sub-D or NURBS???
these characters do not look polygonal given the seamless amount of detail continuity and lack of apparent "edges"....

... i also model. (nowhere near ur level tho)
wires, pls....
:thumbsup: :bowdown:

road to hell
12-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Una pregunta, tienes la demo reel de los modelos metidos en un avi? Muy buenos modelos :beer: .

A question, do you have the demo reel of the models in a avi? Them very good :beer: .

Raul3d
12-17-2003, 10:00 AM
WOW!!! very nice work, you rock!:thumbsup:

Cheers

joshbare
12-17-2003, 10:25 AM
thats some mad modeling skills you got there :D

lestdog
12-17-2003, 11:13 AM
totally sweet!! One thing that really bothers me is the folds in Bens coat over the shoulders, as dynamic as it is, it seems a little over done and doesn't seel to lay naturally.. looks forced. But that's it. You are on your way man... :buttrock:

lestdog
12-17-2003, 11:19 AM
hey i thought tomas jefferson died... dude... thats cool looking.... I would crit but i cant get over the fact that u made the dude who got zapped by a lightning bolt... - DeathGoth

Ummm you got the lightning bolt part right but ummmm take a better look buddy..:wip:

Kain
12-17-2003, 11:20 AM
Amazing!!:bounce:

altermind
12-17-2003, 12:29 PM
what is the poly count on those things.. looks stupidly high.. heh

Ruso
12-17-2003, 02:23 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

I hate you :)

k4k
12-17-2003, 02:51 PM
very nice models!! :thumbsup:
i lkie it!!

deddy
12-17-2003, 03:31 PM
HOLYYYYY!!!!
:drool:
i like the clothing man... very ..very .. high detail

lubiya
12-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Great great job :bowdown:
My favorite part is the wrinkles on first guys pants!

DeathGoth
12-17-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by lestdog
Ummm you got the lightning bolt part right but ummmm take a better look buddy..:wip:

DOHHH!?!?!?! I got it wrong... I sorry its ben franklin... sorry people... I should be shot....

kenkenclub
12-17-2003, 07:46 PM
Hi all:
yea.....i try to model ben....a.k.a "$100"
I am using maya, for this two model, they are nurbs.
no polygon here, I guess if i convert it to poly, it should reach
like 1/4 or 1/3 millions counts..
Clothes is always hard for me, that's why i model ben to partice.
nipple things on the guy. i have to insert a lot more iso, or change
the structure.
i upload some wire here, not sure if that't the angle you want to
see it, if you want more angle, i will post more.

kenkenclub
12-17-2003, 07:47 PM
http://home.pacbell.net/kenyu168/Resize_of_wire1.jpg http://home.pacbell.net/kenyu168/Resize_of_wire2.jpg http://home.pacbell.net/kenyu168/Resize_of_wire3.jpg

nobrain
12-17-2003, 08:28 PM
you got a handle nurbs. pretty cool what are the main techniques you use to build your model, sweeps, rails, lofting.
Please post some tips on using nurbs and how long does it take you to complete one.

cgg
12-17-2003, 11:45 PM
:eek: omg the models are made from nurbs :eek:
amazing work , wish i could build nurbs models like you do :bowdown:

p0lym0rph
12-18-2003, 11:04 AM
great anatomical modeling:eek: :bounce:

Ball_Man
12-27-2003, 12:29 PM
that's amazon model...Good path structure.I really like it a lot.

foxco
12-27-2003, 05:36 PM
could you post a close up on the other guys face, i love your modeling, i just want to see what kind of edgloops you used on the face. its where i have problems

:scream:

XsifoX

gtsix
12-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Hey, what can I say? It's perfetc... it's always nice to see some good work and this is REALLY GOOD. :beer:

kenkenclub
12-28-2003, 07:14 AM
http://www.cghelp.com.cn/bbs/UploadFile/2003122815551965856.jpg

kenkenclub
12-28-2003, 07:15 AM
http://www.cghelp.com.cn/bbs/UploadFile/2003122815561912563.jpg

kenkenclub
12-28-2003, 07:18 AM
Two more here, I am almost done.......finally,
please C it.

Shaykai
12-28-2003, 07:46 AM
Damn!!!! Your a freaking awesome modeler. No critiques from me. Any plans for a texture or animation?

Shaykai

SkullboX
12-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Looks really good, my only complaint would be that the breasts of the female model are way too big and way to low for a woman with that posture. Also, it might be good to tell how the sword of that demon unsheaths, because it looks pretty impossible to me. :)

Otherwise good looking stuff!

rastaflex
12-28-2003, 01:19 PM
that's right there is a problem with the breasts

but for the rest....:applause: no crits
high detail...COOOL!!!!
more more :bounce:

Gecko
12-28-2003, 01:25 PM
I'm very impressed...your work is outstanding.
I wonder...how much time do you spend on a model +/- ?

ChewyPixels
12-28-2003, 03:03 PM
Did you use the actual Fewture kit for the Devilman model? Looks just like it.

leigh
12-28-2003, 09:30 PM
I think these models are really well done generally, but I think your presentation of them does them no justice. The grayness of the renders makes them look so dull. Adding some decent lighting and even basic textures would make them so much better.

Looking at your female model, I do have some crits. Her face looks very plain and generic - and because of that she doesn't seem to have much personality. Her breasts are also hanging down far too low - as if she has no bra on, or just really saggy breasts. You might want to lift them slightly (I'm a female and I'd do something about my breasts if they looked like that!).

I really like the devillish one - interesting concept and character :)

sunfire
12-29-2003, 06:37 AM
really good job,keep moving forward......:applause:

graffb
12-29-2003, 06:52 AM
:bowdown:

You are the best!

s-rajesh78
12-29-2003, 07:06 AM
Both the models are great looking and the first one devil kinda is a nice concept and modelled very nice as for me.
the female model i will agree with leigh, the breasts must have been modelled a bit lifted pose.

Even the hands are like just plain cylinders to me , you should have little fine tuned it to look like a hand more.

BinarySoup
12-29-2003, 07:15 AM
amazing stuff, some of the best character modeling I've seen, and in nurbs! I tried nurbs patching organic stuff myself once and failed miserably, so I'm impressed beyond words! is the devilman model also nurbs? as for the renderings I think they serve their purpose perfectly, you are showing your modeling skills here, nothing else.

also if I may ask, why did you choose nurbs geometry? subdivision seems like the natural choice for organic modeling, I know studio's like Pixar uses nurbs even for their organic models (or atleast did) but I figured that was because it fit their pipeline better, is there a particular reason (technical) that you opted for nurbs instead of subdivision/polygon?

some of the best organic models I've seen to date, you just raised the bar in my opinion. GREAT!! :thumbsup:

kenkenclub
12-29-2003, 07:44 AM
FIRST thing: MANY MANY THANKS~~~~~to everyone.

the ninja girl is my early model...the other three is done around
Oct~Dec 2003. i am not sure if she is ok model or not, so i post
it to see the reaction, now i am pretty sure i should get this one
out of my demo.

normally, i can finish the model in two weeks, like the devilman(from fewture model~)and franklin, and naked guy,(by the way, that's David Beckham...i think i am not doing very well, so no one notice......)all done in two weeks. and somehow, I make
nurbs model much more faster than polygons.

and I KNOW~~ my presentation S****k.....everyone told me
that.........i am trying my best to learn lighting, texture. i know
texture can make so so model look so good~

why i choose nurbs? oh well, i think i want to work in film company, since many of them are using nurbs, that's why i am using nurbs. beside, subD is not support by mental ray, PRman,
right? not sure, maybe mental ray support......

BinarySoup
12-29-2003, 12:20 PM
kenkenclub wrote:
I make nurbs model much more faster than polygons.
I wish I could say the same :D and since you are working in maya I can definately see why you'd opt for nurbs.

kenkenclub wrote:
why i choose nurbs? oh well, i think i want to work in film company, since many of them are using nurbs, that's why i am using nurbs. beside, subD is not support by mental ray, PRman,
well, I don't know what the general preference of nurbs/polygon/subdivision in 3d companies is today, nurbs will in my opinion always be the best geometry for non-organic models, but after seeing your stuff I've changed my perception of nurbs for organic modeling. as for rendering support, I don't know about mental ray in 5.0, but I believe subds did not render in 4.5, as for PRman and other renderman compliant renderers I think near all current implementations support subdiv. I've always had the (mis?)conception that the reason people opt for subdiv/polygons when doing organic modeling is that they find it easier than doing it in nurbs (getting rid of seams, stitching, etc), but looking at your models you obviously do not suffer from that handicap :)

btw, any chance we might get a wireframe of the devilman model? I'd love to see what the patch layout looks like!

once again, incredible stuff!

Diablo1000000
12-29-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by kenkenclub
...and naked guy,(by the way, that's David Beckham...i think i am not doing very well, so no one notice......

Hey Kenkenclub, I noticed!

Only because I first thought 'wow, he's really attractive'... then it occurred to me that I'd seen that face before. Perhaps it's only a Uk and Spanish thing, so no-one recognised him?

Really great work - thanks for making me smile.

T x

ward
12-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi Kenkenclub,

First of all your modeling skills are amazing. My personal favourite is the Brom-like creature, the 3rd in this thread, above the girl. The anatomy of that modell is imho perfect.

" quote:why i choose nurbs? oh well, i think i want to work in film company, since many of them are using nurbs, that's why i am using nurbs. beside, subD is not support by mental ray, PRman,"

as far as I know the film companies are using poly modells, and poly modeling also. There are some unfortunate disadvantages of the NURBS modells what makes them not as "production friendly" as a simple but very well modeled polygon modell. (much harder skinning, and so on). and finally - as BinarySoup has mentioned - the subd models are supported by the PRMan.

bye

Balazs

ChewyPixels
12-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by ward
My personal favourite is the Brom-like creature, the 3rd in this thread, above the girl.

Actually, it's Nirasawa's original concept. I just love his works! :eek: ---> http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/252803/few044box.gif

kenkenclub
12-29-2003, 08:42 PM
hi binarysoup:
I used to be a polygon modeler. i guess the reason is you can
put all your time on sculpt the surface.
PRman's subD is same as the maya's subD?if you are talking
about mesh as subD in PRMan, i know PRman render that.
how about maya's subD??

hi Diablo:
YES~thank you so much. i guess it is UK and Spain things.
just love his free kick.

hi ward:
thank you for your advise
i am targeting some company only use nurbs, and there is couple
of them only use nurbs.

hi chui:
thanks for post that, i should do that myself, but lazy.....
this one is done in 1991, first kit for devilman.

BinarySoup
12-30-2003, 04:56 PM
kenkenclub wrote:
PRman's subD is same as the maya's subD?if you are talking about mesh as subD in PRMan, i know PRman render that. how about maya's subD??

well I'm no expert on either maya or renderman , but I think there's some tool that allows you to export entire scenes from maya to .rib which handles all maya geometry (nurbs, poly, subd). I read about it somewhere (then again, I read soo much).

either way you create amazing stuff using nurbs, and since the company you're aiming for uses nurbs only then I will not try to sell you subd/polygons :D I hope you get the job, I'd hire you on the spot!

ps, any chance of a wireframe shot of devilman?

freedik
12-31-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by SkullboX
Looks really good, my only complaint would be that the breasts of the female model are way too big and way to low for a woman with that posture. Also, it might be good to tell how the sword of that demon unsheaths, because it looks pretty impossible to me. :)

I think they're just fine. Just not the obligatory silicon perfection(?) as in most of the models I see ;)

Truely amazing work, no crits.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.