PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully easy question

Zafoo
06-17-2002, 11:09 PM
I'm hopeing this is an easy one for anyone with much XSI experience (i.e. not me)

I have a cylinder, that I have manipulated the radius in several places and I have nice hard edges to the changed areas. I would like to keep these hard lines, but I would like to increase the number of subdivisions in U. How can I go about doing this?

Also, along the way, it stopped renderering smooth shaded. I really don't understand the materials and shaders, so I have no clue on fixing this.

Thanks in advance

wyktor
06-18-2002, 12:15 AM
To the first question, answer is simple: Just increase level of subdivisions. Edges should stay sharp if you did Mark Hard Edge/Vertex command before.
If not then just do it after you increase subdivs (select edges you want sharp then: model>modify>component>Mark Hard Edge/Vertex (if you want to keep control on how sharp the edges should be then run: model>modify>component>Set Edge Crease Value))

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.