PDA

View Full Version : First images from "THE WORLD OF TOMORROW’"! (Movie with 100% virtual sets)

RobertoOrtiz
12-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Quote from Cinescape:
"The movie is directed by first-timer Kerry Conran and is set in a 1930s full of action and adventure straight out of the theater serials from that period. Law plays the so-called "Sky Captain", a daring aerial hero and Paltrow is a inquisitive reporter who uncovers a plot involving the world's scientists. The film is unusual in that director Conran shot all the scenes with the actors against blue screen. All of the backgrounds are being added digitally with computer effects to recreate the 1930s New York City time period. "

Check it out:

>>link<< (http://www.themoviebox.net/news/2003/december/15/00-006_ScreenCaps-SkyCapt.html)

>>Article Link< (http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=40418)

-R

paulc
12-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Cool, after the return of the king, this is the film I'm most intrigued by, can't wait to see more stuff on it.

Thanks for the link.

elektronaut
12-16-2003, 04:45 PM
sounds interesting.. waiting for the trailer!

marco.

Johnlittle
12-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the link.I wonder just how much the cost differnece is being all virtual compared to part virtual and part real World miniatures and set pieces?
:beer:

asparapani
12-16-2003, 10:12 PM
I realy hope the script is decent. Otherwise the producers are gonna rely on the "visuals" to make it a success, which of course in the end becomes a flop anyways.:)

PhilOsirus
12-17-2003, 01:26 AM
Well it better not be evident or else throughout the movie people will noticed the bluescreen effect.

Morganism
12-17-2003, 01:51 AM
And hopefully the actors will have some sort of meaningful interaction with or at least reaction to this environment.
Sounds interesting, at least.

MaTaDoR
12-17-2003, 02:25 AM
Something like this is kind of annoying to watch imo. If I didnt know this beforehand then it wouldnt matter but now ill be too much into looking around for "clues" or such.

I still remember the first time I found out that there were no humans in suits as stormtroopers on atoc, it would be very different if I knew that.. I would of probably been judging the animation or something on them all the time.

malducin
12-17-2003, 03:17 AM
Well but if it looked ok or right first time without knowing how, finding out changes that?

And besides from what I heard the movie is very stylized and art directed so in some instances don't expect to see 100% real.

I can't wait to see it.

Carrot Juice
12-17-2003, 03:41 AM
actually, the first time I saw tha matrix: reloaded superbowl trailer I had no idea any of the burly brawl was CG, and it did not even occur to me. Of course now that I know, it looks obvious... but take any complicated enough real shot, tell some innocent bystander it's CG, and they are liable to say "yeah, it's kinda obvious". and it will be- real things often look very CG. we assume that they are real because we naturally see them all the time, but when told they are CG the weirder aspects of reality make the CG "obvious".

not that there isn't plenty of bad CG out there ;)

WOAH that got really off topic.. movie looks cool, I'm definitely seeing it. :)

Manny
12-17-2003, 04:49 AM
cool

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.