PDA

View Full Version : post processing problem

el-newty
12-16-2003, 11:59 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with post processing a rendering from Maya.
I have rendered a landscape image in Maya and now I want to post process it to obtain the effects shown below.
Please if is there somebody who could help me with it, Iíll appreciated.
A link to a similar tutorial or a short tutorial made by you will be fine.
Thanks a lot.

:beer:

Ian Jones
12-16-2003, 01:46 PM
Can you tell us specifically which effects you want to learn about? I can see some 'specular bloom' and a lensflare. One way to achieve the glow effect over the entire image, simply duplicate the layer, desaturate this new layer. Adjust the contrast and brightness so that only the brightest areas of white still appear. Set the blending mode to 'screen' then gaussian blur it to taste. This effectively makes the brightest parts of the image appear to glow and therefore makes it look quite dreamy and atmospheric. There are many other ways to achieve similar effects but basically it involves carefully blending a normal copy of the picture with a tweaked, adjusted and blurred copy of the image. Hence the image appears defined, but blurry at the same time. Simple really.

el-newty
12-17-2003, 05:17 AM
Ian Jones, thanks a lot.

Even if I wasn't very specific, you gave me the explication for my question regarding that 'specular bloom', as you named it.
Yes in deed it's a very simple technique but I have'n tought about it :(
Now everything is clear, thanks to you :beer:

Thanks a lot, and take care.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.