PDA

View Full Version : Tile Camera Auto Restitcher script for Photoshop - now with Multi-Pass!

Navstar
03-28-2013, 07:03 PM
A few years ago, I posted a script from Paul Riggott that automatically stitched together tiles made by the C4D Tile Camera:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=808343

Many users found it helpful. The way the script worked is it turned multi-layer multi-pass tiles into Photoshop Smart Objects before positioning them together. The downside was that multi-pass layers in the .PSD were locked away in each tile — requiring each pass to be rendered (and re-assembled) separately.

Another user, Scott Ramsay, wished the multi-pass layers could be fused together. And Paul came through again with another stellar script that fuses the multi-layered tiles together. It also moves all the grayscale data C4D stores in the Alpha Channels (like Depth and Object Buffers) into normal Photoshop Layers.

So now you can render multi-pass, multi-layer EXRs and PSDs with the Tile Camera!

Just place this .jsx into your Photoshop>Presets>Scripts folder. It'll appear in your File>Scripts menu on relaunch.

- Run the Tile Camera Maker v1.jsx script first. Turn ON "Smart Objects" option. Turn OFF "Flatten Image"
- Let the script do its magic
- SAVE
- Immediately run this new script once the first script is complete.

Tested with Photoshop CS6 Mac and C4D R13.

ikoo
03-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Thank you for posting this nice script.
It doesnīt work for me. Where is my mistake ? This was my procedure:

1. I rendered two multipass-files ( with the different camera angles) with layers and object channels
2. I copied the script into the preset/scripts folder in the CS6 program folder
3. I opened the first multi-layer file
4. I ran the script. After two seconds the message "Error: element doesnīt exist -63" appears

I repeated it several times, always the same message appears.
Thank you for helping.
ikoo

Navstar
03-30-2013, 07:58 PM
You ran the Tile Camera Maker v1.jsx script first?

ikoo
03-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Yes, under: File/scripting/Tile Camera Maker Multi-Pass Fusion.
Then I open both multilayer files, activate the first, run the script again ... error message -63.

I work with the german version, I hope to translate the tab names allright.

PaulMR
03-30-2013, 10:56 PM
The problem could be that I am selecting the Red channel, and that would be Rot nor Red so the script would fail.
You could change line 65
activeDocument.channels["Red"].duplicate().name=cName;
To:
activeDocument.channels[0].duplicate().name=cName;

This should then work for most languages, hopefully.

PaulMR
03-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Also ....

Background would need to be changed to Hintergrund Lines 17 and 47

ikoo
04-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Hello Navstar and PaulMR,

not, it doesnīt seem to be a problem of the language version. I downloaded the english CS6 extended trial, ran the script, opened the first multilayer file, ran the script again - and then the error message was "Error: no such element -63".

BTW: I could not find the option to do this when I first ran the script:
Run the Tile Camera Maker v1.jsx script first. Turn ON "Smart Objects" option. Turn OFF "Flatten Image"
Is there there source for the error message ?

I have no experience with scripting on Photoshop. So I will list the steps I made:

1. Installing the script in the "Programs/Adobe CS6/presets/scripts" folder
2. Starting CS6, running the script by menue "file/scripts/Tile Camera Maker..."
3. Opening both first multi-layer files, activating the window of the first one
4. Running the script again by menue "file/scripts/Tile Camera Maker..."
5. Reading the error message ;-)

I did this, too (because I wonder how the scipt will "know" how many separate tiles I rendered:

1. ...
2. ...
3. Loading both multilayer files by menue "Load files into stack" with options "Attempt to automatically align source images" and "Create smart objects after loading layers"
4. Running the script again by menue "file/scripts/Tile Camera Maker..."
5. Same error message "Error: no such element -63".

I uploaded the two files I rendered on my server space:
kolodziej-photo.net/div/multilayerfiles.zip

Maybe you have a minute to run a script test with these files ?

Thanks to everybody for helping
ikoo

ikoo
04-02-2013, 11:20 AM
@PaulMr: What I forgot to mention:
I changed the "Red" into "Rot" and "Background" to "Hintergrund" in the command lines you mentioned - but the same error messages came.

Then I reinstalled the original script, and started the tests with the english version of CS6.

Regards,
ikoo

ikoo
04-03-2013, 09:47 AM
UPDATE !
Ok, finally I realized that I made a BIG mistake in the beginning.
I rendered my own tiles, now I found the preset "Tile Camera", and rendered four tiles with this function.
BUT: The script is still not working for me ... I suppose the trouble starts here:
Run the Tile Camera Maker v1.jsx script first. Turn ON "Smart Objects" option. Turn OFF "Flatten Image"

I canīt find the dialog these "Turn ON " and "Turn OFF" fields.

I run the script first after opening CS6, but nothing happens ... then I open the first of the 4 multilayer tiles files .... again the error message : Not such element -63".

Thank you for your patience
ikoo

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2013, 09:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.