PDA

View Full Version : 'Return of the King' Gets N.Y. Film Honor

kilikili
12-16-2003, 04:33 AM
What they said:

"Normally a champion of arty, independent fare, the New York Film Critics Circle on Monday chose "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" as the top film of 2003.

The three-hour-plus epic, which is the final part of the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy based on J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy novels, is a sweeping spectacle of computer-generated imagery - and it couldn't be more different from the rest of the films the group honored.

The critics group, composed of writers for the city's major newspapers and magazines, usually recognizes films that stand as an intellectual counterpoint to the Oscar voters' more traditional choices."

More >>> (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20031215/D7VF42F80.html)

-Kilikili

NUKE-CG
12-16-2003, 03:17 PM
:thumbsup:
Annnd.. maannyy.. mooooore.

Oscars I'm going to be bitting my nails..
I'm scared, it keeps me up at night, OK.. not really.. but I just hope the bias judging this year goes in the trash, at very least Peter deserves Best Director. :bowdown:

aurora
12-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Man I hope PJ wins best director. I'm cringing though and free Friday! I'm taking my mom to see The Last Samaria on Friday (was going to see it earlier then she had to have an operation and is finally better and wants to see it) I'm hoping it is not quite as good as I have heard and read. I guess Cold Mountain is pretty good too but its an old, tired story so........
15 1/2 hours to RTOK!!!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.