PDA

View Full Version : Characters: baby and burglar

Britton
12-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Hey folks!
These are a couple characters I've finished for a short animation I may take on next year, provided school offers me sufficient free time. I'm going for a fairly simple look, sacrificing overly detailed modeling and textures in favour more dynamic lighting. They're modeled in max, rigged and rendered in maya...

btw I'm currently considering a complete overhaul of the baby's hair. I'm not really happy with it, a couple of my friends put it best when they said it looks like something you'd find on a playmobil doll... I dunno, what do you think?

As always, comments and crits are more than welcome!
Thanks!

http://members.rogers.com/britton.plewes/baby_pose.jpg

http://members.rogers.com/britton.plewes/burglar_pose.jpg

yangmiemie
12-16-2003, 01:39 AM
the baby's rig have a little problem:)

Britton
12-16-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by yangmiemie
the baby's rig have a little problem:)

uuh, thanks...mind being a little more specific? :shrug:

sarfarazsoomro
12-16-2003, 02:03 AM
nice models, but true, hair isn't much appealing, and the deformation on the left elbow of the baby seems to be a bit unnoticeable or like he has very small arms.

second thing, which in my opinion will brightten up the character of the baby will be to have some noticeable specularity in his eyes.

the thief character looks fine to me, nice pose aswell.
hope this helps. :)

Britton
12-16-2003, 04:42 AM
hey sarfarazsoomro
yeah, I see what you mean about the elbows...his left arm is totally hidden just cuz of the way it's lit, but with his right elbow it's pretty obvious I got lazy when rigging :blush: ...a few blendshapes aughta fix it up...
And with the highlights on the eyes, I guess the camera's just in a position where they aren't obvious, I'll have to keep this in mind in the future...

Thanks!

kryoboy
12-16-2003, 07:07 AM
:cool: hehe, yeah that arm looks like it is driven with a spline instead of a rig at all, looks like the biscep is playdoh its so bent up and short.

Besides that looks great! keep up the work

kryoboy
12-16-2003, 07:09 AM
Ok ok, one more post, to celebrate the fact i dont have to wait for the :wip: moderators to ok my submissions :bounce:

Yaaaaaaay. :thumbsup:

Q_B
12-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Very nice chars, man! Congrats!

Specially the baby.

As for crits, yeah, stop bein lazy :wip: and rig it the right way!

Maibe u could improve the hair also, as it was said!

Love the baby face, the modeling is XXcelent!

Congrats!

Keep on workin!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.