PDA

View Full Version : Enviroment: Sunset w/ Mini-island

SidewinderX143
12-15-2003, 08:59 PM
A very simple scene of mine..... thoughts? I know the lighting is poor... i'll work on that when I get some time...

3DS Max 4.2
Scanline Render

http://www.cw-meltingpoint.com/sunset tree.jpg

Nostradamus
12-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Hi sidewinder :)
I really like the water...looks nice and exotic
The tree doesn't look all that good, with leaves floating in mid air..you should work o that...maybe replace it with a more fitting tree like a palm?
The sun also looks good. Make it less yellow, and the border between white and yellow more gradient.
The sky is kinda low res or sumthing... it doesnt look like a sky all tha tmuch...dunno wht you could to to iimprove on it tho..

Gj :)

SidewinderX143
12-15-2003, 09:11 PM
yeah, the leaves were done with p-clouds, so that's why you see that.....

The sky is actaully a picture.... i'll work on the resolution... :blush:

I-NetGraFX
12-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh the warm sun .... I think I've seen
this one on a 3DS-MAX CD ghosting around.

Maybe use some haze at the horizon, so it doesn't look like
cut off! I think the water has a lack of contrast and should be a
few steps darker!

Regards, Daniel

nobrain
12-15-2003, 10:14 PM
Its quite clear that u've just got into 3d judging by your work, its not poor, u just have long way to go before u realize some true 3d potential. anyway that said I'm gonna give u a couple of good tips.

1. if you want a great water texture, load raytraced 2 material library in the material editor. It's been with max since ver 3, it's still one of the best water surfaces.

2. use fog in your scene, use a camera to render (won't work in perspective viewport). set the environment ranges.

3. u mentioned it your self, lighting.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.