PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Michael Facial test

isaak
12-15-2003, 03:05 PM
Hi all!!,I finished the head of a new character,his name is Michael and hes the creator of my creature character Son.

This is a facial test of Michael,only is a test,not a final animation.

Send me your critics and coments:)

http://www.davidr.boxesmedia.com/misfotos%20/TestfaceMichael.avi

bye!!

isaak
12-16-2003, 12:25 AM
No comments:cry:

nickyH
12-16-2003, 01:09 AM
looks pretty good....but a good test would be if you could lip synch it to something or make the charcater go through somekind of an emotion, that way, the audience can tell if the facial animation is good or not....

But it s agood start..:)

:thumbsup:

nickyH

isaak
12-16-2003, 08:55 AM
Thanks for reply nickyH!!!

Well,...Im working in a lip sync,but I like you critique the form of face,deformation...etc,the animation in a few days,wait..:)

Arimus
12-16-2003, 12:07 PM
I see at around the 5th second a hole appears in his cheek. But other than that it looks good

:thumbsup:

isaak
12-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Oh!,a detail observation Arimus...;)

mikepolizos
12-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Hey cool expressions!

I like it!

Good work!:applause:

isaak
12-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Thanks mikepol!!

DrQuincy
12-17-2003, 05:20 PM
Nice, the face is capable of some very versatile expressions. I agree with one of the previous posters that adding lip sync would have been a better test :)

JasonOsipa
12-17-2003, 07:00 PM
I think what you've got here is a fine facial test (looks a lot like what I do to test a face (http://www.jasonosipa.com/Downloads/Movies/SquooshTest4.avi) , too), but I have a question: Are the shapes we're seeing "whole", or are they combinations of lesser shapes? I ask, because, if you have two shapes, that, for example open the mouth, then actually transitioning between the two at animation time, you'll have to do as much un-animating as animating.

Other than that, I think this looks really neat! For sync purposes you might also want to be able to "roll" the lips in and out, but other than that, it seems like you've got the tools to do some neat stuff! Tkae care -J.

snovak
12-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by nickyH
looks pretty good....but a good test would be if you could lip synch it to something or make the charcater go through somekind of an emotion, that way, the audience can tell if the facial animation is good or not....

nickyH

I agree. But definitely SWEET!

isaak
12-17-2003, 10:01 PM
First of all,thanks for all comments and sorry for my english.

I animate the face of character combining a total of 20 shapes,Ill like to combine this shapes
with a set up skeleton face,but Im researching and testing how is the best option.
I test a short lip sync animation only with blend shapes,and Im happy with the result,in following days I like to make another lip sync and posting for you look and critique.

If someone have other questions,there are welcom.

Isaak

isaak
12-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Jason,I see your animation and I say you...CONGRATULATIONS!!!:thumbsup:

isaak
12-19-2003, 01:06 PM
I create a skeleton facial set up for combine with blend shapes...now Im testing:shrug:

isaak
12-20-2003, 10:36 AM
some good tutorial for make a good rig face?
Thanks!!

Isaak:hmm:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.