PDA

View Full Version : Hdri?

Patrick
01-21-2002, 07:06 PM
Hey there all Lightwavers!

I have some questions about HDRI and I would really really appreciate it if someone could help me. :-)

I have rendered a couple of images with different HDR images just to figure out things. Most of the time the pictures that comes out have these kind of "dots" all over it????

This thing happens even if I set Shading Noice Reduction on and the value that I use on the Rays Per Evaluation is really high, just to test things out. Anyone knows why this happens?

I have test different resolutions on the HDR images. Should these images have a certain size to look good. I mean if I render my picture in 800 * 600 must my HDR image be bigger?

Thanks so much for the help!

Chewey
01-21-2002, 11:00 PM
First explain how you are setting up the hdri images within Lightwave when you render. Which plugin are you using? Your explanation is a bit confusing and it sounds like you might be referring to the use of radiosity when rendering and not the utilzation of an hdri image within layout.

clifford
01-22-2002, 05:59 AM
Well .. Maybe should you turn AA on with motion blur on and let Lightwave recalculate radiosity solution between each AA pass.
This way, Lightwave will smooth the whole radiosity solution and it will end in smooth shadows ...
The most AA pass you select, the better is the result, the longer is the calculation.

Cheers :)

Cliff

LordIron2k
01-22-2002, 09:01 AM
try to add some softreflection in the image filter stuff

and play with the settings

Patrick
01-22-2002, 02:04 PM
Thank you so much!

Really appreciate it!

That really sound like some good ideas which I didn't thought of!

Take care!

Sincerely
Patrick

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.