PDA

View Full Version : Applying A Bitmap To An Import

cafe
12-15-2003, 04:33 AM
Can someone walk me thru applying a bitmap (of a uvmap template texture of a face) to an imported head object. I used UV mapper to get a planar view template which i then painted.later after having imported the head object into C4D 8 I made a new material and dropped the bitmap on the object.After selecting a frontal application of the texture and tweaking the lenght and offset it looked fine.only when i try moving the object head the texture slips off.As it is stuck in position in space.Can someone walk me thru how to do this so the bitmap will stay on the object when i move it.in case i want to later animate it?

tinyrita@comcast.net

Manwich
12-15-2003, 09:48 PM
If you apply the material in frontal projection that means that the textures is projected from the position of the camera, so therefore it will always stay where it is if you move or rotate ur object.

If you have used UVMapper to create a planar view then i think it just looks at the object from the plane you select and doesn't use the uv co-ordinates from cinema to create a uv map.

Try using UNwrapper or using Lith-unwrap do a search on the web cos i can't remember the www. both are free progs that are pretty decent to use.

good luck and i hope you learn quickly

Manwich

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.