View Full Version : Spider-Man 2 Trailer

EnergyMan
12-15-2003, 02:10 AM
[edit] ... is up now.

http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/sony/spiderman2/

[right click and select play if you don't see anything]

Cinematography
12-15-2003, 02:32 AM
I can't believe that there is actually a countdown. That preview better rock my socks off. :)

SheepFactory
12-15-2003, 02:42 AM
I read a trailer review a while ago and it sounds very promising. Cant wait to see it!

t-man152
12-15-2003, 03:26 AM
so at midnight tonight I will be one of the first people to see the preview?

chudofsinister
12-15-2003, 04:12 AM
WOW, that was alot cooler than I had hoped.

Larry_g1s
12-15-2003, 04:13 AM
SWEET ! ! ! Man that looked cool. Should be a great sequal.

RockinAkin
12-15-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by chudofsinister
WOW, that was alot cooler than I had hoped.
Agreed. I wasn't too big a fan of the first one, but this one looks pretty sweet.

EnergyMan
12-15-2003, 04:16 AM
Doc Oc was my favorite Spider-Man badguy when I was little. (still is :D ) Looks very good.

t-man152
12-15-2003, 04:26 AM
ohh that was pretty cool. the kissing scene made me jump. very unexpected.

Larry_g1s
12-15-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by DivideByZero
Agreed. I wasn't too big a fan of the first one, but this one looks pretty sweet.

:eek: Are you serious? Wait, of course you aren't. I must have missed the sarcasm. lol Ah man, I thought it was amazing, it captured the comics and feel to a tee. Oh well, to each is their own.

bentllama
12-15-2003, 06:43 AM
Call a doctor, I am having a heart attack.

Oh boy, I cannot wait!

:D :D :D

anim8r3d
12-15-2003, 07:53 AM
The graphics look really nice... sweet, even. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
Hopefully the "love me" scene isn't indicative of the quality of acting in this one. It seemed a bit flat. Clean it up in post, maybe?

(sits back and waits to be contradicted...)

MosaFacku
12-15-2003, 08:35 AM
hell yes. july 2nd 2004. best movie news i've heard in a long time as far as short waits go.

cityhunter
12-15-2003, 09:04 AM
didn't expect to see this at 2am... now I'm arroused:D
can't wait till july.

lildragon
12-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Clear!!!! there goes my heart.... clear!!! Doc Oc looks wild!

-lild

Grayscale
12-15-2003, 11:56 AM
drool.....drool.....OH man.

that teaser looked very nice. Doc Oc is going kill on the big screen. Those tentacles just look insane. Great job so far and I'm very anxious to see it.

::runs over with a crash cart for Lil and Bent:: STAY WITH US...

eliseu gouveia
12-15-2003, 01:36 PM
Hey!!!
Those trucks donīt have axis!!:cool:

Dj Petro
12-15-2003, 01:38 PM
This one should go alot smoother because they don't have to spend as much time developing characters like they did in the first one. This time we know everyone in the movie (except Doc Oct), so there should more action.

I like the first one... I wished though they had just moved faster but I suppose that was so the lamers who didn't know who spiderman is can't learn from scratch.

_

Lee3dee
12-15-2003, 03:06 PM
DROOLing, looks awesome!:bowdown:

PhilOsirus
12-15-2003, 04:34 PM
I loved the first one, it was the perfect comic-to-movie movie evah! But I'm not happy at having seen the coolest "I didn't expect THAT!" scene ever. Now I can't even watch trailers at all before going to see a movie

PhilOsirus
12-15-2003, 04:34 PM
ARGH double post.

t-toe
12-15-2003, 05:58 PM
yeah, it does kinda suck that they showed a jump-moment in the trailer... if the movie had opened like that, my gosh... I probably would have stood up in the theatre and screamed at the top of my lungs... and I'm the kind of guy that NEVER jumps at all. at anything.

though, I'll bet if I saw this trailer in the theatre, I might have had the same reaction. this one had a lot of intimate time with two of the main characters, which is odd for a action-flick trailer. kudos.

Crazzy Legs
12-15-2003, 06:35 PM
So good looking.
Now I hope Danny Elfman can really let it fly with this movie. The last one had decent music, but who the heck can remember a single tune from it. That could of really helped the first movie. The music in this trailer alone sounds better then anything I remember from the first spiderman. Watch, I just made a complete fool out of myself, that will end up being a sampling from the first movie. oh, ya this is cgtalk, not musictalk.
The cg kicks ass.

ZEROSKULL
12-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Wow- I cant wait.

Valkyrien
12-16-2003, 12:23 AM
need...larger....downloadable...version....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Neil
12-16-2003, 12:31 AM
man, throwing that car at him is this biggest attempt at a cock-block i've ever seen in my life. :D

t-man152
12-16-2003, 01:06 AM
the actrice who played and still does MJ is a bad one. in the first one she was soooooo bad and in the scene in the trailer she looks high. If they had found a more qualified actress then the first one would have been so much better (already Pretty good).

flipnap
12-16-2003, 01:34 AM
need...larger....downloadable...version....

there is one... same link, then

control panel-monitor-set resolution, 640 by 480 :)

Valkyrien
12-16-2003, 01:42 AM
this monitor only goes down to 800x600, and that wouldn't be the proper aspect ratio anyway;)

???
12-16-2003, 03:28 AM
Spiderman, Spiderman Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web any size Catches thieves just like flies
Look out, here comes the Spiderman

Is he strong? Listen Bud He's got radioactive blood
Can he swing from a thread ? Take a look overhead
Hey, there! There goes the Spiderman

In the chill of the night At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light He arrives just in time

Spiderman, Spiderman Friendly neighborhood, Spiderman
Wealth and fame, he ignores Action is his reward
Look out, here comes the Spiderman

Spiderman, Spiderman Friendly neighborhood, Spiderman
Wealth and fame, he ignores Action is his reward
To him, life's a great big bang up Whenever there's a hang up
You'll find the Spiderman!

:wavey:

Ikarus
12-16-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by flipnap
there is one... same link, then

control panel-monitor-set resolution, 640 by 480 :)

It's a quicktime embedded in a flash file, so just right click and zoom in. It's better than having to look at it all small, and it doesn't loose much quality when you zoom in.

Or try this link, it's the same file (the flash file) by itself, so it streches to fit your browser's resolution, and you can zoom in as well.
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/sony/spiderman2/master5.swf

Enayla
12-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Absolute loved the first movie (way beyond my expectations, I suppose: as opposed to Daredevil, that really made me doubt all and any superhero movies). Noticed that someone had mentioned that the music in the first flick was weak - I really don't agree.

Then again, I'm a huge Danny Elfman fan, so I really should just keep my trap shut.

Awesome trailer. Can't wait to see the movie.

Spankspeople
12-16-2003, 02:14 PM
The music in the first movie was good, but not what I'd expect from Elfman... I can hum along to any one of his major tracks for pretty much any movie he's done music for(I've been listening to the Nightmare before Christmas soundtrack for days now, hehe), but can't remember anything from Spiderman. I remember it being good, just not terribly memorable. It seemed more like generic Elfman than Elfman's Spiderman... what it needs is one or two distinct... chords would it be? Anyways, the theme should have at least one or two distinctly Spiderman bits in it... something that stands out that is obviously not anything else...

That would make me very happy.

Tychoides
12-16-2003, 02:44 PM
higher res quicktime (http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/spiderman2qt.html)

Rudity
12-16-2003, 10:46 PM
I've watched this thing like 20 times now.

Awesome. :beer:

The first spiderman was the first and only movie I saw twice in theaters. Saw it in Vancouver, took a day off of homework, went home to my folks, grabbed my brother drove an hour to a nearest theater from my folks town that was showing it and watched it with him!!!
Kinda says alot about the movie to me. I contributed to its crazy opening weekend.

Will do most likely for this movie maybe too. Judging by the trailer I would say so, but I'll make my decision in July next year for sure.

I think I said this already.
Awesome.

Dunedain
12-17-2003, 08:04 AM
Here's another link if the other links get crowded. It'll just give you a small crack of a window, but once the video is done, you can simply save the MOV file. Did I mention that it's also high-res?

URL: http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1249560&sdm=web&qtw=480&qth=30

Dj Petro
12-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Isn't Doc Oct German? Thought he was from the comics and cartoons and such. He didn't really have any accent in the trailer. Just wondering if anyone remembers.

_

eliseu gouveia
12-17-2003, 04:50 PM
I believe his original name is Otto Octavius, which could pass as german, I suppose.

Dj Petro
12-18-2003, 01:48 PM
I was thinking... Call me crazy but maybe the short scene was made for the teaser trailer. The last Spider Man had that teaser where he webbed that helicopter inbetween the Trade Towers, but then they pulled the trailer due to Sept 11. I thought maybe they fashioned it for the trailer. Won't know til it comes out.

_

eliseu gouveia
12-18-2003, 01:52 PM
Well, I DID find it weird that he had glases on; didnīt his spider powers grant him a perfect eyesight on the first one?

Valkyrien
12-18-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Dj Petro
Isn't Doc Oct German? Thought he was from the comics and cartoons and such. He didn't really have any accent in the trailer. Just wondering if anyone remembers.

_

and the Kingpin was supposed to be a large white man;)

Dj Petro
12-18-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Valkyrien

Good Point...
Nevermind.

_

Ikarus
12-19-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Valkyrien

Actually if I remember reading correctly the Kingpin is supposed to Filipino, not White. Could be wrong though. Regardless I though they did a good job casting him as the kingpin.

eliseu gouveia
12-19-2003, 01:54 AM
Please donīt tarnish a perfectly good Spider Man thread with mentions to Daredevil.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.