PDA

View Full Version : After Effects or Nuke for Actionfilms

crazcass
03-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Hi Guys
I'm new to this forum and I make actionfilms for fun with my friends. I worked with After Effects but since I made a little research I found out about Nuke and its advantage when it comes to larger films and 3D. I've also read that it's the industy standart now. So now my question: Can you edit (like add muzzle flashes, explosions and that kind of stuff) a film with Nuke better than with AE?

Thanks Guys

PS: I'm sorry for my bad English cause i come from germany :)

darksymbiote
04-07-2013, 06:30 AM
For experience, i just can say that is of your choice , because depends of you the quality of your work, After effects work with a Layered base and nuke Work with a Node Base , like roots is just the way you like to work , i use after effects for some proyects and i have used nuke for others , i like after but after a while when you have a lot of layers can be a little hard to organice yourself and Nuke is hard to understand when you use layered base,so, is the same haha remember that the tool is not important because you can get the same result with both, Sorry for my english too, Im mexican jojo See ya.

pingking
04-08-2013, 12:13 AM
nuke (or eyeon fusion as another nodebased compositing software) are really great for VFX work, but its more of an Do It Yourself approach. there are not so many presets, plugins, templates availible then for AE.
this is for the begining very hard and disapointing, but in the long term it gives you greater control over everything

take a look at the PLE version of Nuke and watch the beginner tutorials on the website from the foundry and if you still like it go for it
if you then want to learn more take a course on one of the many tutorial sites (fxphd, digital tutors, ...)

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2013, 12:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.