PDA

View Full Version : Character: Terminatrix

[TOY]Snoop
12-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Hi all,

I modelled this robot some while ago (Early 2002 I think, with Lightwave 5.6 and today it was a lazy sunday for me so I thought it would be nice to rerender my old scene with lw7.5.
My original inspiration came to me when I have heard rumours about Termonitor 3, and that the bad guy would be a female terminator! I was wondering what she would look like. And this was my interpretation back then.
I used 2 lights in this scene, no global ilum. 1 area light (without specular affect) and 1 light exclusif for specular.
It took 100 minutes to render at 2560x1100. I had to downscale it so the AA would be better.

http://users.skynet.be/bk318710/Cyborg/My_own_terminatrix.jpg

Greeting from Belgium :)

Ti22
12-14-2003, 11:39 PM
WOW really nice stuff!, but the feet are abit too big i think, they should be abit smaller and closer to real human foot size,

but its your interpretation, nice work overall.

Kinsbane
12-15-2003, 12:06 AM
Very awesome model. :thumbsup:

PureFire
12-15-2003, 02:12 AM
that looks so kewl...you should do some more poses. :D

EF
12-15-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Ti22
WOW really nice stuff!, but the feet are abit too big i think...

the feet are too big?? :hmm:
Look at the size of those boobs :p

Greta model, but I think the boobs should be less huge...

studio
12-15-2003, 05:21 AM
Very nice , I think :

I really like your background . It's like it's not even there . Perhaps I haven't been paying enough attention to high-end BG's , but anyway , this is deadly , in my opinion .

I like how the feet/Shoes seem to curl . Seems to add to the females mood/mind-set somehow .

My favorite area would ahve to be the blue lighted area on the head (ears&lips) . Kinda makes me want to see a detailed shot of the head . Would make a cool, anim if the head slowly turned toward the camera (in close-up) and showed some kind of expression .

Sorry to dream ... nice work !
Studio

Peteleebe
12-15-2003, 05:28 AM
it is very nice, no global illum. I love your lighting!

can you show us your lighting setup?

Gkaine
12-15-2003, 06:03 PM
thats great. i like the thighs and stilleto type boot things you have there. the lighting is also great good job

ghosty
12-15-2003, 06:34 PM
that is really nice, lighting is perfect :thumbsup:.

with this pose, hard to see the scale of the whole thing though. I am thinking the neck is a little too long, and the butt is a little too small, the breast a little too big. but as I said before, it is hard to tell with this pose.

I hope this will help, have fun~~

lordvega
12-15-2003, 09:02 PM
yeah.great contrast betwen the materials and the shadows.great ligthning,great pose,great model ,greta,great,great........great too.

[TOY]Snoop
12-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all your kind and motivating replys guys.
I really appriciate it!

I made some new poses, so u can see the proportion better.
Maybe the feet are a little to big, but it doesnt harm the character I think.

http://users.skynet.be/bk318710/Cyborg/terminatrix_new_poses.jpg

@leungkan: the lighting isn't really that special. The trick is in the reflections that give this kind of look. The metal surfaces have got a reflection map, and around the scene is a globe with other reflections on it. But this is a commen used setup right?
When I render the scene without raytracing reflections, it looks very boring. Did my explenation help u a bit?

@studio: the background is just a gradient fog. And at the moment I dont have time to animate it :(

And I hope u like the new poses.

Greetings,

Peter

ghosty
12-15-2003, 10:27 PM
:applause: Perfect~~ I love it.

Peteleebe
12-15-2003, 11:50 PM
oh [TOY]Snoop

your explanation do helps me! thanks very much! I just saw your new pose, it is funny too.

Levitateme
12-16-2003, 12:34 AM
very nice. what did you use for them amazing reflectoins? is taht HDRI? either way i like your model, and i also think it looks totally photoreal. that backround dont help you should put her into some real image or something. cause that quality of model/render deserves a approiate backround. great work.

Bliz
12-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Very nice work. I love all the detail in the side of the thighs, just my preference but I think the skull/head would look more business-like/sinister/serious [you choose;) ] if it had similar detail levels to the thighs.

DrQuincy
12-16-2003, 08:13 AM
Awesome! I must admit though I'm not too keen on the keet either :)

mihkeltt
12-16-2003, 09:16 AM
so i guess the breast contain large fuel cells?:) anyways - very terminatorish for pre-TX.

mikepolizos
12-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Great modeling!
i love your lighting too!

Keep it up!:applause: :applause:

phoenix
12-16-2003, 11:06 AM
nice ...very impressive

Q_B
12-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Very very good! The metal shader is impressive!

As for the front pose, well, dump it lol, it looks much better as you have posed it!

Congrats!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[TOY]Snoop
12-17-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Bliz
... but I think the skull/head would look more business-like/sinister/serious [you choose;) ] if it had similar detail levels to the thighs.

I wanted to avoid that the object became to crowded with details. It had to look elegant like a woman, but also like a strong robot. The choose therefore was to keep the face almost like a normal woman, but still with some technology attacht to it.

Meanwhile I've been thinking of maybe adding a background to it (I got a lot of replys telling it should have one). If I can put it on paper in a good way I will make it in 3d. Maybe soon?

Greets

MfS
12-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Fantastic! Very good m8!

DeadPoole
12-18-2003, 06:02 PM
pretty nice...glowing lips eh...funky:thumbsup:

Turmata
01-13-2004, 07:39 PM
I think you will maybe change the foot to make it more Sexy, sensual, just with more femininity..... good character...Do we have to get connected to see a Movie ;-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.