PDA

View Full Version : Character concept

Norante
06-17-2002, 03:53 PM
Hi.

I've postet this in the 2D artwork forum, but I think it belongs here. It's a character concept.

What you think?

puddlefish
06-17-2002, 06:06 PM
This looks like a good, solid concept. The only thing I would say is that I'd try to use texture, if not colour, to differenciate between rigid and soft, flexible areas of the armour. If you can see that the character would be able to move comfortably because of a well though out design (unlike games workshops space marines and terminators, for example) it will lend alot to the believability of the concept.

spakman
06-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Norante
Hi.

I've postet this in the 2D artwork forum, but I think it belongs here. It's a character concept.

What you think?

Looks rilly wicked! You would'n't need such thighs to support that torso tho. However, instead of shrinking the thighs (leave em alone), try widening the shoulders.

The visual would be more sellable, I think, if the shoulder/bicep crease lines up with, and is the same angle as the thigh/hip crease. (I think like at around an 80ish degree angle or so)

peace

Norante
06-18-2002, 11:58 AM
Thank you for all the comments.

I think that while it could be a bit strange at first, the idae was to get away from stereotypes that we are used to see in games.

I dont want an alien to have a human body proportions. It's hard enough to get away of the humanoid form.

About the color, I will post the color version as soon as I can. It will show more accurately where his suit is flexible, and where it's solid.

Thanks again

spakman
06-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Norante
Thank you for all the comments.

I think that while it could be a bit strange at first, the idae was to get away from stereotypes that we are used to see in games.

I dont want an alien to have a human body proportions. It's hard enough to get away of the humanoid form.

About the color, I will post the color version as soon as I can. It will show more accurately where his suit is flexible, and where it's solid.

Thanks again

You are confusing stereotypes with form and function. There is a difference.

Norante
06-18-2002, 06:31 PM
Sorry. My damn english is not that good.

I agree with you, I just used a bad way to put it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.