PDA

View Full Version : How are IKJoe's Controllers' Visibility set up?

Mooncalf
12-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Hi y'all,

I'm trying to figure out how Joe's controllers are set up so I can recreate them on rigs of my own. I really like how they work.

What I've tried so far is simply using the natural parenting of one controller to another (eg, parenting the wrist to the elbow, the elbow to the shoulder)--but then if I turn off the visibility of a parent controller (the shoulder, in this example), I can no longer view the controller of its children (the wrist or the elbow).

Logic tells me that there's a whole lot more going on here than I think. I've tried looking at the hypergraph, but I'm still having a difficult time deciphering exactly what's going on.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

- M

john_homer
12-15-2003, 04:11 AM
I havent seen the ik joe rig... but you could either... not have the object as a child, but rather use a parent constraint.. or. look into "drawing overides" under "object dosplay" in the attribute ediotor.. and layers... (which have some "overlap" with drawing overides)

have a play with all that and you should be able to get the results you are after..
.j

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.