PDA

View Full Version : Character: HighArmed RatWarrior [WIP]

JonasNoell
12-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Hello everybody ;)

http://www.josh.ch/phpmywebmin/_uploads/cANt/RatPreview.jpg

Just finished this character. 1500 triangle polygons, 512 Texture for rat and 256 for the spear (still WIP). It will be used in our freeware game we are currently working.
Inspiration for this character were several stuff I found out of the Warhammer universum!
It is not rigged yet and will be fully animated (-> WIP)
I can post the wire and the texture if desired!

kotter
12-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Ooo great character!!

could use a bit more texture work, especially the fur, but the design is awesome.

plz show it all :D

dcroeser
12-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Great work. Such a creative character. Would love to see wires and texture.

-dave

JonasNoell
12-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Thx ;)
Will keep on working on the texture (-> WIP), here (http://www.josh.ch/phpmywebmin/_uploads/cANt/DesertRat_Concept.jpg) is the concept, by the way. Will upload skin and wire tomorrow...

Adder
12-14-2003, 09:37 PM
great looking model and texture there reminds me of the skaven from warhammer.

would also love to c wire/texture flats

keep up the great work :)

Prs-Phil
12-14-2003, 09:39 PM
yo cANT, Ive allready spoken to you over ICQ about the model :D but your tex kicks ass, like always.

You also know what I think about the concept ;)

Keep it up

JonasNoell
12-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Adder: Yeah as said in my first post Warhammer (Skaven) was my main inspiration because I think the Warhammer design simply rocks! I'm myself a huge fan of Warhammer, even though I don't play it ;)
Prs-Phil: Thx. I know I'm not a that good drawer with pen and paper, but the concept has done it's duty it's not an artwork to critic, I myself always need some simple blueprints to model, just out of the mind it's somethime a litle hard ;)

CameronC
12-14-2003, 10:17 PM
the texture is great. Good work.

SecretAgent
12-15-2003, 12:12 AM
>>cANt - This is an outstanding model! Nice job, the texture work is very well done - I love the stylized look you've created. (You've inspired me to work on my racoon character - now I just need some free time, heh.)

- By the way, Warhammer rocks! If you've never played, you must give it a try, it is an awsome game. I used to be hooked on playing WH40k and really want to start up again.

h0pesfall
12-15-2003, 05:23 AM
woah..... the textures are ecstasy for my eyes. very nice. love the concept and the style.

pyraxis
12-15-2003, 05:45 AM
I'm with everyone else... gorgeous texture and concept! Well, maybe gorgeous isn't quite the word for a rat man :-) but I love it. Only one thing bugging me: the balance is off, he looks like he ought to tip over forward.

Got a website for your game project?

Beaneh
12-15-2003, 06:59 AM
great model cANT as always, I really like the texture.. Finish it and get it plugged :o

MFTituS
12-15-2003, 11:17 AM
great character, i like him a lot.
but his texture needs some work - his head is simple and well made, but i dont know what is going on in his chest/ shoulder area - too many details, too small.

AndyBa
12-15-2003, 12:37 PM
I like it a lot! :)
Expressive... nice colors... interesting design...

JonasNoell
12-15-2003, 02:07 PM
http://www.josh.ch/phpmywebmin/_uploads/cANt/RatWire.jpg
1500 Triangle polygons!

http://www.josh.ch/phpmywebmin/_uploads/cANt/RatTexture.jpg
512 TGA-Skin

First of all thanks for all the nice feedback!
Eric22: Yeah I know I should, but currently my time is very limited and I tend to use the amount of freetime for our freeware gameproject. Anyway, I really love the characters out of it, they simply rock, especially the skaven!
h0pesfall: Yeah you hit the right point, I thought about that when I finished with modelling. Anyway he will use his spear for walking so that his movement so that you won't quite notice that too much, I hope!
Beaneh: Hehe, that's what I'm up to ;) Well, in reality I don't think it can match up with the quality of the images I normally tend to see on the frontpage (even though if I always never see lowpoly stuff there).
MFTituS: Yeah, will try to improve and remove some of the details from the shoulderarmor, you're right!

LeroyBrown
12-15-2003, 06:48 PM
cool. One thing though, why does it look like his fur is wrapping around his stomach on the horizontal axis. Shouldn't it be vertical?

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.