PDA

View Full Version : building plugin in vc7

sheb
12-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi there,

ive got a really annoying problem. I just cant get any (example )plugin to load in maya. anything i try throws this error:

Error: initializePlugin function could not be found in plug-in (test)

Since im using VC7 i cant use the wizard that comes with maya and i set up the project myself. Im pretty sure ive done everything right, the plugin also builds without any problems.

The intialize fucntion is in there too, neither using the macro (DeclareSimpleCommand()) or by declaring by hand helps.
I wonder if i made a mistake while setting up the environment, I really dont know. Id be glad if anybody could help me out with this.

Thanks alot in advance,

seb

sheb
12-14-2003, 07:34 PM
ok i solved it, read the help properly dammit!!
for those interested you have to add

/export:initializePlugin /export:uninitializePlugin

to the command line

huray,

seb

jdj
12-15-2003, 06:32 AM
Hi there

Just an alternative approach which works in VC++ 6 and ought to work in 7: You should be able to skip that line and instead declare the initializePlugin & uninitializePlugin with the export directive. Saves you some setup time :)

I don't have any source file in front of me right now, but it should be something like this:

MStatus export initializePlugin(...

...or perhaps it was _export... test it and if you cannot get it right, I'll check my source files for the correct line later.

Cheers
/ Daniel
:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.