PDA

View Full Version : Little Animation, Crit please

Rahz_Zalinto
12-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Hey, im a student at full sail for computer animation, Im just about finished with my first lighting and animation classes.

I just did this animation for my logo animation class, im sure theres something i could improve upon, if you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks!

(not aloud to use bones, particles, paint effects, fur for this by the way.)

http://www.gamesalez.com/images/JustinGurczynskiFinalProject.mov

(that link should work)

DrQuincy
12-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Given the criteria it's not bad. Simple, but good choice of lighting and textures. What sort of grade do you expect for this?

Rahz_Zalinto
12-14-2003, 04:13 PM
Well, i belive i met all the requirements, it isnt the best, i dont like how the K falls on the guy but i cant seem to get the graph editor to make it fall at the right time and speed heh. I was having some trouble getting my logo to stand out over the background. not sure about what grade ill get tho, its based pretty much on the animation and not the models and stuff i made, but im aiming for an "A".

I do plan on trying to fix the K some more, i have time i just wanted to render it out and see what it looked like so far. and i originally wanted to animate the little ball man so his "thingys" bounce up and down as he hovers but i dont know how id do that without bones.

(using maya 5 by the way)

DrQuincy
12-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Well please let us know how you do ;)

Rahz_Zalinto
12-14-2003, 04:21 PM
sure thing

heh:bounce:

LittleFenris
12-14-2003, 09:31 PM
The logo seems hard to read, and you should cut from the first shot sooner...you're on that shot too long. Also, depending on how in-depth this needs to be, I would add some particles for dust when the K hits the ground...right now you get now feeling of weight since it doesn't interact with the background at all. Also, you might make the flight of the little robot guy in the first shot a bit more eratic, making it look like he has to constantly compensate for gravity's effects. Just a couple things to think about.

Rahz_Zalinto
12-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Thanks ill keep that in mind, as for particles, not allowed to use those either =P

hehe, ive been working on ways to make my text more readable, its kinda hard with the green moss on it and the green background but i upped the contrast between the two a bit, hopefully i can get another render up here soon, thanks for the reply.

Rahz_Zalinto
12-15-2003, 12:23 AM
but since you mention it maybe i can use some 2d sprites for clounds of smoke or somethign heh heh

Rahz_Zalinto
12-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Here is a newerish render

http://www.gamesalez.com/images/FLAfinal.mov 2.6 mb

and a more recent than recent playblast that i havent had time to render. which changes how fast the letters fall, and the camera stays focused on the letters for a litlte over a second rather than a litlte under a second now..and stuff..dont know if its better..or worse =P

http://www.gamesalez.com/images/Playblast_FLA1.avi (if that opens up for you) bout 3mb

[TOY]Snoop
12-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Hi there,

I also got a hard time reading those letters. Its the red/green combination on strange fonts I guess.
Good things are that the 1st 2 falling letters make a good impact, 3rd letter is 2 slow. Maybe it s better too make the 2nd letter a little slower, and then the 3rd faster.
Good work so far, and good luck with improving it.

Greets

Rahz_Zalinto
12-16-2003, 02:35 PM
kk, thanks for the tipz..ummm i tried =D

heres the newishest one

http://www.gamesalez.com/images/FinalProjectz0r.mov

i toned down the grass brightness and toned up the brightness of the green mossy stuff on the letters, i made the M fall a little slower and changed its shape a bit to make a more defined M..i belive the I falls a bit slower too now and the K a bit faster.

All i know is im really looking forward to my motion studies class =P heh heh

:surprised

LittleFenris
12-16-2003, 03:14 PM
This latest version is worlds better than the first animation. Only thing is it looks more like nighttime, then daytime like it looked before....not sure you care, just an observation.

Rahz_Zalinto
12-16-2003, 04:43 PM
thanks, but yea i did kidna sacrifice my daytime glowyness for a not so daytime looking sky in order to get my little tower more visible, however i might just make a new sky material and see how that looks heh heh.

i still have 2 more 4 hour labs to work on this (one i guess cuz it would take 4 hours to render just about) but never the less i should have time to make any minor changes.

thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.