PDA

View Full Version : Chain

TBKoen
06-17-2002, 02:40 PM
Hi people... i wanna make a chain (like in necklace) with simple spheres in max.
is it possible to stick these sphere's to a smooth cornered line so i can just edit the line to make it bend and stuff?

or is there another way?... please let me know.

meloncully
06-17-2002, 05:07 PM
if i am not mistaken, its been a long while since i used max but, there should be a command like, animate along path, and once you apply that to the speres, they should become children to the necklace and become a whole necklace.

TBKoen
06-18-2002, 12:01 AM
hmmm... no i need to apply a particle system to create the spheres?

Chris
06-18-2002, 12:50 AM
You shouldent have to, one way of doing it would be to create your spheres & either apply a path deform to each one (altering the 'position along path' for each one) or attach them all together & apply a path deform to the whole lot.

TBKoen
06-18-2002, 02:34 PM
thx peopo,
i actually ended up placing all the sphere's manually:P...lol... oh well... it doesn't have to be animated or anything.

here's what i'm working on
http://www.indigosite.nl/tenzc/prev3.jpg

yjanse
06-21-2002, 08:15 AM
TBKoen, you should check the spacing between the individual spheres, because now they seem to be floating and not touching eachother.

yJ

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.