PDA

View Full Version : Deadline for EXPOS… 2 brought forward

leigh
12-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Due to production and printing schedules, we have been forced to bring the deadline for production and printing schedules, we have been forced to bring the deadline for EXPOS… 2 entries forward to January 29th 2004 (four weeks prior to the previously announced date). This does not affect any work which has already been submitted.

We ask that if you have any other artwork that you are intending to submit, to please enter it before the new deadline. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

And as for those of you that haven't got EXPOS… 1 yet... what are you waiting for? Go and grab a copy!

SovereignKnight
12-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Aw man...

I was pushin' it as it was. I hope there's a third volume. :(

SK

SuperMax
12-14-2003, 03:33 PM
what was the original date?

Indavisual
12-14-2003, 05:15 PM
January 29th is my birthday! Think I could get a birthday present? What kind of present do you ask. Oh sayyyy maybe an Expose 2. :D I loved the first one. Can't wait to see #2.

urgaffel
12-14-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by SovereignKnight
I was pushin' it as it was. I hope there's a third volume.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just get 4 extra weeks?

blindsleeper
12-14-2003, 05:31 PM
urgaffel... thought the deadline was in febuary originally... could be wrong though

Equinoxx
12-14-2003, 05:31 PM
aw man, no way in hell i'm gonna be able to meet that deadline. feb. was allready gonna be a tight one, but between x-mass, newyears and my week of snowboarding that's gonna leave a VERY tight line to finish you know who :cry:

MarkSnoswell
12-14-2003, 10:18 PM
The deadline at the end of January is essential for us to make a SIGGRAPH shipping date!

There are also a string of new books that we have to fit into a tight schedule leading up to SIGGRAPH. D'artiste - Digital Painting was just the first to be anounced.

blindsleeper
12-14-2003, 10:29 PM
thats all and all cool mark, just wish i could procrastinate longer to try for this years edition, thats all.

frogchild
12-15-2003, 12:38 AM
Render little computer Render! You can do it in time!! I know you can!

urgaffel
12-15-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Leigh
...bring the deadline for EXPOS… 2 entries forward to...

It was that wording that fooled me :) Sorreh!

3DKnight
12-15-2003, 02:22 AM
NOOOOooooooooooooooooo...

<gasp>

ooooooooooo...

Must get crankin :wip:

NUKE-CG
12-15-2003, 03:57 AM
4 weeks.. ouch, more than I thought.

Would Siggraph sales get anywhere close to global sales, not sure why it would be a forced deadline for that event.

anim8r3d
12-15-2003, 07:46 AM
Expose 1 was definitely the talk of SIGGRAPH last year. I can understand the reasoning for moving the deadline up... Not that I enjoy having deadlines moved up, mind ya'.

thx1138
12-15-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Mark.Snoswell
The deadline at the end of January is essential for us to make a SIGGRAPH shipping date!
There are also a string of new books that we have to fit into a tight schedule leading up to SIGGRAPH. D'artiste - Digital Painting was just the first to be anounced.

Couldn't you just shift over Siggraph instead ? :p

Less than 2 months. It's gonna be tight. But then again, I work best under stress.....

-Grtz

OZ
12-15-2003, 08:22 AM
GOSH!still workin on my exposŤ image!!!...well...i must be strong now!!!hey gusys!about exposŤ 1 .....buy it ! IS AWESOME!!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

Claudio72
12-15-2003, 08:37 AM
hey gusys!about exposŤ 1 .....buy it ! IS AWESOME!!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: [/B]

ot

in fact I've bought the limited copy of Expose 1 but unfortunatelly I've only 2 or 3 email of confirmation but no ExposŤ book!

PixelShader
12-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Claudio72
ot

in fact I've bought the limited copy of Expose 1 but unfortunatelly I've only 2 or 3 email of confirmation but no ExposŤ book!

Why didn't you contact Ballistic Publishing about it? I find it hard to believe that you actually bought the book, and after it was delivered have not at leased emailed them to check on the delivery of it.

I bought a Limited Edition and it is the most f*cking amazing book I have ever had the pleasure of owning. You better contact Ballistic Publishing and explain to them why it took you so long to contact them about this, cuz the Limited Editions sold out MONTHS ago.

Geoff.

Claudio72
12-15-2003, 08:50 AM
You are right.
I will contact'em today.

sorry for the OT

Wonderer
12-15-2003, 01:07 PM
Four weeks? I better hurry if I hope they receive my cd by mail in time, it'll take 8 days to get in Australia. At least for me, Ftp is not a option ( Dial up conection).:cry:

digitaldamage
12-15-2003, 09:41 PM
I wonder how many potential entries will be missed because of this. IIRC, most (or at least a big part) of the entries for E1 were submitted within the last few days. Add to that that quite a few people will be on holidays, it will be less than a month to get the images done.

Could be very, very close...
:hmm:

Turbonium
12-16-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by bentarr
I wonder how many potential entries will be missed because of this. IIRC, most (or at least a big part) of the entries for E1 were submitted within the last few days. Add to that that quite a few people will be on holidays, it will be less than a month to get the images done.

Could be very, very close...
:hmm:

I agree, it's definitely not good news. I just hope that Exposť 2 will live up to what the first one was... I'm just worried that this shortage of time notice (at such late notice mind you) will risk the quality of the final product. :hmm:

Render like mad boys and girls!

PixelShader
12-16-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Turbonium
I agree, it's definitely not good news. I just hope that Exposť 2 will live up to what the first one was... I'm just worried that this shortage of time notice (at such late notice mind you) will risk the quality of the final product. :hmm:

Render like mad boys and girls!

I have to disagree with you there Turbonium.

1. There's no shortage of great digital artwork that's already existing.

2. There were a LOT of entries that did not make it into EXPOSE' 1 but with a bit of tweaking, will be good enough for EXPOSE' 2.

3. EXPOSE' 2 is much better publicized, and the kick ass advisory committee (Syd Mead, Feng Zhu, Lorne Lanning - holy shit), these guys can just call all their friends to submit and there's enough material for a few books. :)

I don't think there's going to be anything to worry about when it comes to quality of entries. It's going to be an agonizing process for the jury again choosing what to go in!

Crank up those renderers boys!

Geoff

Turbonium
12-16-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by PixelShader
I have to disagree with you there Turbonium.

1. There's no shortage of great digital artwork that's already existing.

2. There were a LOT of entries that did not make it into EXPOSE' 1 but with a bit of tweaking, will be good enough for EXPOSE' 2.

3. EXPOSE' 2 is much better publicized, and the kick ass advisory committee (Syd Mead, Feng Zhu, Lorne Lanning - holy shit), these guys can just call all their friends to submit and there's enough material for a few books. :)

I don't think there's going to be anything to worry about when it comes to quality of entries. It's going to be an agonizing process for the jury again choosing what to go in!

Crank up those renderers boys!

Geoff
Ok sweet. I wasn't aware of the whole publicity thing. My initial response was triggered by someone's comment that last year's entries were mostly near the deadline (not to blame the person who mentioned it, but it got me worried).

btw is Exposť 1 still available for purchase? I don't render myself (no time to learn this stuff yet), but I REALLY appreciate the work you guys do, and I really see the value behind it all. I really want one of those books for me to worship, haha.

Please let it not be bad news :surprised

hanzo
12-16-2003, 05:13 AM
:beer: wow I just got my copy a lil while ago.. now I'm about to
get another one thank YOU Ballistic...

although this dose give me less time to submit my entry this time
around :cry: :applause: now, I don't think it will take me that long...

Turbonium Wrote:

btw is Exposť 1 still available for purchase?.

YES! it is ( at least I think ) but the paper back not the artist addition...

everybody else I wish you the best... :thumbsup: good job

Soeren Nielsen
12-16-2003, 05:26 AM
holy crapola.. better hurry up then I guess
Mark if I dont make it, I will strap you into that red dragon thing in Tivoli next 3dfestival, and let you ride it for a day!

MarkSnoswell
12-16-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Soeren Nielsen
holy crapola.. better hurry up then I guess
Mark if I dont make it, I will strap you into that red dragon thing in Tivoli next 3dfestival, and let you ride it for a day!

OH goodie -- I loved that ride :)

We have a few more Advisory board anouncments to go yet :):)

... and all the entries for EXPOS'E will go on public view later this week -- as soon as we can tweak the database back end that collects all the entries.

OZ
12-16-2003, 07:28 AM
Hem....Mr.Snoswell..i have a little question!
have I to repost my old entry 4 exposŤ 1 or it is just automatically reconsidered 4 exposŤ2?? (damn bad english!sorry!)

TYX...and....wow...exposŤ1 is amazing!!!
:thumbsup:

Turbonium
12-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by -OZ-
Hem....Mr.Snoswell..i have a little question!
have I to repost my old entry 4 exposŤ 1 or it is just automatically reconsidered 4 exposŤ2?? (damn bad english!sorry!)

"Must I re-submit my previous entry for Exposť 1, or will it be automatically re-considered for Exposť 2?"

or something like that... :hmm:

OZ
12-16-2003, 10:45 AM
to MR Snoswell: Must I re-submit my previous entry for Exposť 1, or will it be automatically re-considered for Exposť 2?"

TNX Turbonium!!!

:thumbsup:

DEVARSHY
12-16-2003, 03:21 PM
God!! Courtesy this anouncement....

I just cut short the festivities for the new years.... My Blood pressure shot up....and I sport permanent frown... Hope there's enough time!!! i had planned everything in my life keeping Feb 29 in mind....

Its like My life's cut short by four weeks.

:cry:

Best of luck to everyone!!

LEEBLEEB
12-16-2003, 08:47 PM
MY WACOM IS ON FIRE, BECAUSE OF THE DEADLINE CHANGE!!:eek:

YEAH AND GOODLUCK TO YOU LOT TOO AND MY CAPS.

Gatling
12-17-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by LEEBLEEB
MY WACOM IS ON FIRE, BECAUSE OF THE DEADLINE CHANGE!!:eek:

YEAH AND GOODLUCK TO YOU LOT TOO AND MY CAPS.

Yes, good luck to your caps. :shrug:

milosp
12-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey People, don't cry, we will be togother in Exposť 27...
'till then... keep up the good work :buttrock:

CuTnPaste
12-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Hey OZ,

I can't resist .....I need to know something about your entries for Expose'!!

:surprised

Lampros
12-18-2003, 11:38 AM
oh....i really want this magazine E X P O S E....but i cannot find it anywhere here...i am in Greece at the moment........
any help anyone???:bounce: :cry:

CuTnPaste
12-18-2003, 02:15 PM
http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/store/

I think you have to buy it online....

bye

Bugmeyer
12-19-2003, 10:28 PM
How about you guys push the deadline back to when I'm good enough to get in... ;_; How's that for a plan?

MarkSnoswell
12-23-2003, 12:38 PM
sigh ... I'm already thinking about when we start the call for entries for EXPOS'E 3 !!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.