PDA

View Full Version : Enviroment 3D: Night Sanctuary

juanjgon
12-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Hi,

Here is a night view of my last scene "Sanctuary". Special thanks to all people who spent his time writing ideas for this work in my other Sanctuary thread.

I hope you like it ...

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_4.jpg

Regards,

juanmikerva
12-13-2003, 08:56 PM
═ think your last works have been better, it look┤ too much like prastic or something like that, i┤┤dont like the gloss in the buildings but the idea is pretty cool.:D

Carrot Juice
12-13-2003, 09:03 PM
This is even better than the day one! the modelling is fabulous, and the water is wonderfull as well. The one thing that sticks out is the grass- I think it could use just a bit more work.

Cheers!:beer:

Garma
12-13-2003, 09:33 PM
now this is what I was aiming at in the other thread dude. You took away my only crit :)

Simply love that little light in the alley near the middle of the image. You managed to capture a peaceful night, which reminds me of those summer nights when I was on holiday. Instead of my fellow poster I think the grass is another good aspect of the image.

Congrats!

boboroshi
12-14-2003, 12:01 AM
Looks good. My only crit is that the moon appears to be coming from off camera right, yet it appears almost 90 degrees into the frame from where the light appears to hit the buildings.

the Muffin Man
12-14-2003, 12:16 AM
incredbletastic pic man.. the atmosphere is so perfect :) dude your waterfront design is the best.. and beautiful modeling everywhere :-D I like the not-quite earthly hills they add to the effect.. very nostalgiac don't ask

maybe some lanterns or fireflies? I really can find nothing to improve :) I like the grass, and i think the moonlight is perfectly good. rock on :beer:

DrQuincy
12-14-2003, 12:44 AM
Modelling and texturing is great plus so is the moonlight mood you have created. I can't help thinking there is not enough contrast in your lighting though. I think if some of the shadows were darker it would make a great deal of difference to the composition of the scene.

juanjgon
12-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks to everybody for your comments. I must improve some techniques in my work ... specially compositing process and organic modelling ... so i always use your ideas to improve my next works ... :thumbsup:

I agree with ilumination angle problem ... in fact i design scene with other sky. This one has been add later in compositing stage, with volumetrics and so on. Moon light not match 3d light ... but final image looks better ...

In other way i think that with more contrast image become very artificial ... but i am not sure about it ... perhaps not ...

Regards,

juanjgon
12-15-2003, 08:40 AM
Here is an image showing more significative layers rendered to compose final image ....

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_0b.jpg

Regards,

shaftoe
12-17-2003, 07:55 PM
Very nice scene...We went to Tikal in Guatamala this past summer and the scene reminds me of the ruins there (before they were ruins I suppose)

That's not moonlight lighting the buildings...its yellow light from the horrible fire that is sweeping the old city, lit by the marauding hordes of Haggernish...see, you've got me into the story!

shaftoe
12-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Very nice scene...We went to Tikal in Guatamala this past summer and the scene reminds me of the ruins there (before they were ruins I suppose)

That's not moonlight lighting the buildings...its yellow light from the horrible fire that is sweeping the old city, lit by the marauding hordes of Haggernish...see, you've got me into the story!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.