PDA

View Full Version : King of Fighters 2000/2001 Censored in USA

Array
12-13-2003, 08:01 PM
http://games.slashdot.org/games/03/12/13/1515237.shtml?tid=127&tid=153&tid=186&tid=99

What a bad month for video games....I was actually looking forward to this one.

chadtheartist
12-13-2003, 08:33 PM
The content removed from the 2D fighter includes blood, guns, and Mai's 'bouncing.'

Doesn't sound like they changed the gameplay much. Why is it you aren't looking forward to it? Less guns?

Array
12-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by chadtheartist
Doesn't sound like they changed the gameplay much. Why is it you aren't looking forward to it? Less guns?

The replacement of high quality frames of animation with shoddily done versions. I've seen previous SNK attempts at censorship, and it never has the feel of the original.

kraal
12-13-2003, 09:34 PM
all that is part of game play....... i just dont like the idea of censors deciding what i cant and cant see......

kwshipman
12-13-2003, 10:12 PM
how stupid, what they are censoring out is nothing compaired to what many other games keep in. Oh well,:shrug: I'll still look into getting this if I end up getting a PS2 next month, I love 2d fighters:thumbsup:

PhilOsirus
12-13-2003, 11:02 PM
I suppose they can now lower the rating?

mental
12-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Phil "Osirus"
I suppose they can now lower the rating?

that's a good point... imagine if SNK is using the same 'logic' as movie studios do... lower rating = larger audience = more profits.

so instead of an R rated movie you get something that's PG-13.

:hmm:

bentllama
12-14-2003, 08:43 AM
this is getting ridiculous.

innervision961
12-14-2003, 09:12 AM
)hey bent, were not going to have to end up running around throwing lollipops at eachother in a halo 2 deathmatch are we?
;)

(ps, whens your site going to be up? :wip: )

bentllama
12-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by innervision961
)hey bent, whens your site going to be up? :wip: )

Jan 1st

Conni
12-14-2003, 11:01 PM
This may be new for the US, but not for other contries. Here in Germany, I have stopped complaining. Many games are censored. Most of the time we get robots instead of humans, oil or green blood replaces red blood. C&C Generals was completly removed from stores because of its "political incorrectness" and replaced with a new version. AFAIK, 1 mission is completely missing, cities have new strange names and all the soldiers and generals are cyborgs.
But luckily, some game shops sell uncut import versions (sometimes for a much higher price), but only to mature customers. :p
-Cornelius

Keiyentai
12-16-2003, 08:06 AM
Urg I HATE CENSORSHIP. I hate the ESRB (Electronic Systems Rating Board), I hate Senitore LiberMen (Father of the ESRB) and I hate the fact that ALL VIOLENT GAMES ARE CENSORED PRACTICALY TO DEATH! Thrill Kill was Canceled cuase it was TO VIOLENT. I'm honestly surprized Mortal Kombat hasent suffered more then it already has. I cant wait untill I show the ESRB my game I'm working on. I hope they puke from the gore and blood level. I'm tired of seeing games censored cuase of Moms and Dads not wanting there kids to play it HEAVEN FORBID THEY MIGHT GO KILL SOME ONE!! Oh wait I live in the real world I can TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PIXELATED PEOPLE AND POLYGONS AND THE REAL WORLD!!!!! bah.....stupid %(&^)$*#@)* #)(%)%(_#*%)_(!!!_()%)@% ......<===Insert any negitave string of foul language you want there.....I'm done...

tjnyc
12-16-2003, 03:58 PM
SNK has been censoring their games for US consumers for along time, so this doesn't come as any surprise. This is one of the reason why I started buying imports instead of the edited US version.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.