PDA

View Full Version : Attention all RenderMan users

fxjeane
12-13-2003, 06:02 PM
The RenderMan Academy – www.rendermanacademy.com - is entering its final days of beta and preparing to go alpha. Due to open our doors on December 30th, we are working really hard on setting up the final details. Among the final details are to put together the Academy’s “Library”. The library will be a database of shaders, slim networks and templates, scripts, textures, environment maps and scripts that can be useful for our students. Here is where the academy needs your help.

We are looking for contributors for our library so if you have created any tools of the ones mentioned above and you are interested to share it with the alumni at the academy, please send your material to library@rendermanacademy.com By submitting your material you are agreeing to the following terms:

You grant The RenderMan Academy the rights to re-distribute your material free of charge, or to be sold as part of a collection of shaders (for raising funds to keep the academy a free with no advertisement website) if necessary in the future.

Whatever material you submit must be completely yours and it must credit others properly if you use code that belongs to them

If possible please follow the shader development guidelines proposed by Tal Lancaster on http://www.renderman.org/RMR/RMRShaders.html#shdDev

By becoming a contributor you will receive an early access code that will allow you to preview the site starting on the 17th of December. You will also have access to the ‘Cafeteria’ (the forum) where you can register and be among the first to use the forum. Those who contribute significantly will be listed on the contributors page along with a small bio and a link to a website of their choice.

Thank you very much for your interest on the RenderMan Academy.
We are anxious to hear from you

Rudy Cortes
“The Principal”
www.rendermanacademy.com

About the RenderMan Academy.- The RenderMan Academy is a non-profit website with one single goal: To expand the popularity of the RenderMan scene description language. It is no way associated or endorsed by Pixar Animation Studios. RenderMan™ is a registered trademark of Pixar and all rights are reserved.

steltek
10-22-2004, 04:13 PM
I don't mean to be picky, and I wish you all the success in the world with your project, but I thought you might like to know that in a release cycle Alpha comes before Beta. The next stage might be called Gamma, but if it's a public release you might want to call it a RC or PR (release candidate or preview release). If it's truly ship-able, it's a gold master.

Or heck, maybe I need a course at the Renderman Academy so I can learn your newfangled way of doing things.

Anyway, congrats! When my project gets to the point of real rendering, I'm definitely considering Renderman, so I'll be sure to look up the academy.

t.t.f.n.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.