PDA

View Full Version : Xpresso control for banking?

DickM
02-21-2013, 08:59 PM
hey guys,
I've been asked to rig a car. I'm having some issues coming up with a banking control. I've put together a crude sample of what I'm trying to do. Pay no attention to the mouse rotating the widgets in the viewport....I want the slider on the right to control this. I've been messing with parent constraints and weights but just can't seem to figure out how to get xpresso to control it properly, like i have it in the sample.

Anyone steer me in the right direction...pun was intended ;)

http://www.morleyarts.com/movies/xpresso-bank.mov

brasco
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi, just to clarify - are you wanting what you've shown in the example?

A simple banking control is super simple with Xpresso > set the User slider as Driver and the relevant Bank driven, then modify the Range Mapper settings to suit.

In general, I've done body roll with a simple target constraint and move the target controller from side to side.

cheers
brasc

DickM
02-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Sorry, yea like the sample. I can make a simple banking control slider using just a rotation from single center pivot. I was wanting to use the pivots on the right and left. Your target solution sounds more like what I need...maybe. Can you embellish a bit? Thanks!

Richard

teleliq
02-22-2013, 09:11 AM
You can just use 2 rangemappers. Put the 2 Nulls in a hierarchy and make the car a child of them.
The slider from -100% to +100% drives the rotation of those 2 Nulls.

-100% to 0% -> Rangemapper -> -30 - 0 Rotation of Null 1
0% to 100% -> Rangemapper -> 0 - 30 Rotation of Null 2

I attached a scenefile. I hope this helps ;)

Cheers
Simon

DickM
02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
That works great! Thanks Simon. Looks like the key was the hierarchy. I wasn't sure how they should be linked. Now it looks so simple. :bowdown:

Again Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.