PDA

View Full Version : Blood In Photoshop

LoZzA
12-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Heyas, I want to make some blood in ps that looks as if it has been splattered on the ground. Ever played Unreal Tournament? Well Sorta the way the blood splatters on the ground in that when the body parts go everywhere.

I have looked around tutorials but cant really find what I am after, any help would be great :)

Can you please be informative on what to do? Sorry I just need detailed things :blush:

Thanks,

LoZzA

Ian Jones
12-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Try getting some ink / paint and splatter it onto paper. Scan it in and make your adjustments. It really works quite well.

Stroker
12-13-2003, 03:26 PM
What Ian said.
Also, feel free to mix it up.
Like dragging a string through it.
Using a straw to blow the ink around.
Or rolling a potato around.
Maybe rip up a sponge and dab it.

Matter of fact, I just got back from the store with some supplies for this. I'm going to invite the neighborhood kids over to make some original art Christmas presents for parents. When we are done, I'll frame them and keep the rest to scan.
What fun.

Ian Jones
12-13-2003, 11:51 PM
Whoa Stroker... I hope you realize its Christmas not halloween. lol

LoZzA
12-14-2003, 07:44 AM
Ta guys, those are some good ideas, but I was more looking for something that is totally screated in photoshop.

Any ways you know of for doing that?

singularity2006
12-14-2003, 08:11 AM
use the free form marquee tool and draw some organic shape on the photoshop canvas (try shapes resembling star fish or stuff with pertruding portions). Any size will do, but please do make sure you leave a large white border or background of some sort so that u can get the whole splatter within the image so it doesn't clip anywhere. Then feather the selection by 16px or so. Then fill the selection with a red color of some sort. A spherical gradient might work too. Then when you are done, do a filter > Distort > ripple. Max the values. Then filter > blur > radial blur > zoom blur @ about 70px, or whatever size depending on what u want. Anyhow, depending how far u extrude the pointy parts of the splatter (the star fish shape), the different splatter pattern u can get. Play around w/ the shape and settings and u'll eventually get a nice splatter look. Btw, just for reference, this is basically the zoom blur tutorial. Ur probably gonna have to do some modifications to get some really nice gore.

LoZzA
12-14-2003, 10:17 AM
Ta for that singularity2006, I will be sure to give that one a try :)

el-newty
12-16-2003, 12:07 PM
Hi,

Here is a very good tutorial, I used it with success.
Hope you’ll enjoy it also :beer:

http://www.nexflo.net/stuff/PS.Blood/blood.php

LoZzA
12-17-2003, 05:56 AM
Thanks a lot mate Ill try that one aswell, hopefully these ideas will get what I need :D

azazel
12-17-2003, 01:50 PM
you can play with custom brushes (scatter, size dynamics etc), but scanning/photographing real splatters is the best way IMO

singularity2006
12-17-2003, 07:01 PM
and do be careful not to get the ink on the scanner bed. :thumbsup:

Robken
12-18-2003, 07:19 PM
thx el_newty that tutorial was helpful for me too :)

it only gets usefull on high resolution images though. thanks

mastermesh
12-18-2003, 09:38 PM
is Kai's plugins.... I think goo may be able to get you something like what you want.

LoZzA
12-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Kai's plugins? Is there somewhere that I can go to get these?

XLNT-3d
01-09-2004, 07:21 PM
There is a new blood splat tutorial at http://thewebmachine.com/

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.