b) the exposure/opacity of the brush
c)both the above

?
thanks

jdj
12-13-2003, 08:49 AM
Hi,

I am not sitting at my PS computer right now, but;

You choose it in the respective tool's "Fade"(?) setup. In my version of PS it is in the top right corner when you have selected a tool - for instance airbrush. There you can set fading size, opacity and something more... color I beleive. Anyway - each of the settings have three states - None / Fixed or Stylus where stylus is what you want.

Cheers
/ Daniel
:beer:

Gibbz
12-13-2003, 09:34 AM
hrmm in the shape dynamics ??

jdj
12-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Just checked - in PS 6.0 it is called "Brush dynamics" (fpr the airbrush anyway). It is a small button which looks like a brush in the top right corner.

/ Daniel

bumskee
12-14-2003, 08:38 PM
hello

it would be in brush palette, check shape dynamic for size make sure you select pen pressure and in other dynamics(?) for opacity. But what you will notice is that the brush strokes will not be a smooth graual fade when you set this option for opacity. you will see what I mean, it's because of the brush shape. If you figure out a way let me know?

you might want to try these too, you can control opacity by numbers, 1 right to 0, also "[" and "]" will change brush size. "shift" + "[" or "]" will change hardness of the brush. I use them a lot and "alt" will change to eye dropper.

have fun painting!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.