PDA

View Full Version : Introducing d'artiste Digital Painting - Call for entries

leigh
12-13-2003, 01:11 AM
Ballistic Publishing is proud to announce the first title in its d'artiste Digital Artists Master Class series. d'artiste (pronounced dah-tee-st) Digital Painting features four of the community's leading digital artists demonstrating their techniques and approaches. More than just tricks and techniques, d'artiste delves into each artist's overall approach, their choice of subject matter and what inspires them.

Read more here (http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/call_for_entries/dartiste/)

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/call_for_entries/dartiste/images/book02.jpg

You can now submit your images for d'artiste by registering and following the submission guidelines here:
Ballistic Publishing Call for Entries (http://ballisticpublishing.com/bsw/)

Russo
12-13-2003, 01:25 AM
this is nice... :buttrock:

Agent D
12-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Cool idea, I've been getting interested in 2D art recently, and it's always great to see people's approaches and techniques.

Mechis
12-13-2003, 01:43 AM
NICE. You mentioned that "something" was in the works, when I asked you about a digital painting book. This is that "something," eh? VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Array
12-13-2003, 03:35 AM
MAN! The gang in Australia sure is working hard! :eek:

/proud to be on the team

phoenix
12-13-2003, 06:48 AM
wow:) i love it

Stealth_Soul
12-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Very nice,
:thumbsup:

Franz
12-13-2003, 12:40 PM
good choice!

Riddick
12-13-2003, 01:14 PM
A very good choice, with artists in interesting method of work!
Sound good!:buttrock:

yakumo
12-13-2003, 05:44 PM
Can't wait for this!!:beer:

SEPHROTH64
12-13-2003, 10:22 PM
wow, cant wait for this to come out

chrleon
12-13-2003, 10:28 PM
oooh.. hope is it's as good quality as Expose was!

And I also hope you manage to get Linda Bergkvists name right, in the final version :p

MarkSnoswell
12-13-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by chrleon
oooh.. hope is it's as good quality as Expose was!

And I also hope you manage to get Linda Bergkvists name right, in the final version :p

OMG - everyone -- even Linda missed that ... LOL... thanks for picking that up.

chrleon
12-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Mark.Snoswell

hehe.. no prob. glad to be of help. need a proofreader? :p

AJE
12-14-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Mark.Snoswell

Double check the website too.... (above and under her image, specifically)

pogonip
12-16-2003, 12:32 AM
Good to see john and linda in there but what about mullins ?? :hmm:

PixelShader
12-16-2003, 01:53 AM
Mullins is probably too busy working on upcoming feature films to work on a book.

But I must say that D'Artiste is most probably going to be the best digital illustration technique book. The concept is great - get four top digital artists together to collaborate on a book! Can't wait to see this on my shelf!

Geoff

Grooveholmes
12-16-2003, 03:22 AM
Hrmmm
False advertisement.

kraal
12-16-2003, 06:35 AM
i really dont know how a feel about this book .... there was a time when artist would have these tutorials on thier website on in forums now they are just trying to sell them in books ect....i have seen so many of these books pop up with very few real techiques just a few tips on small section of the actual process i do beleive that this book is better than what i described but yet i think there is better knowledge to be learned in a basic art lesson than seeing how 'X' artist does his style........ now like i said i am saying this without seeing the book and it is just my opinion..... i just think the art community as a whole needs to stop feeding off itself by charging for info

Odie
12-16-2003, 07:11 AM
typo on the page linked to in this thread. Bottom right:

"Above is an example of just a few of the stages that Linda Berkvist takes us throught , in order to create a beatuifully painted portrait, that ..."

it should be "through"

shamhead
12-16-2003, 11:26 AM
Are entries being accepted yet? I was on the site and in the drop down box on the submit form Expose 2 was the only choice.

bRyaN2003
12-16-2003, 02:59 PM
I am very much syked for this book...

Robert is one of the very reason i got into Digital art...Linda made me love it more...plus she is a sweetheart...

Pttr
12-16-2003, 03:07 PM
I'll buy it. :thumbsup:

clot
12-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Linda's name is spelled wrong a few times on this page too:

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/call_for_entries/dartiste/

Medic!

MarkSnoswell
12-17-2003, 05:50 AM
OK. d'artiste - Digital Painting...

The Call for Entries is up and running.

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/call_for_entries/dartiste/

Just follow the "Read Entry Submission Guidelines and Enter Artwork" link.

Entries will be selected by the Master Artists themselves.

The book will comprise roughly 50% gallery images from entrants and the Master Artists.

It's free to enter and artists whose images get in print will be sent a free copy of the book.

Wonderer
12-17-2003, 10:06 PM
Can a image already uploaded for EXPOSE II be also considerated for dartiste? If so, must I upload it again in a new entry? Or can I send a e-mail pointing the work for consideration, with the proper info on the already submited image, kind of: Hey guys, can you consider this for the dartiste as well?

Im sure other artists will also be interested in the answer.

:thumbsup:

MarkSnoswell
12-23-2003, 01:43 PM
You have to OK the entry agreement for each book separately. It's a legal type thingy...

...So for now you must enter images separatly for EXPOS'E 2 and d'artiste.

We are looking into how we can allow an artist to submit work for multiple books -- but it's quite tricky and we have a lot of other back end database stuff to impliment first.

Wonderer
12-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Well, thanks anyway.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.