GabrielW
12-12-2003, 12:55 PM
This is old project of "King of the death" made by Evermotion

http://www.evermotion.org/images/gallery/ld_2_tapeta.jpg

Man
12-12-2003, 05:04 PM
wow!

that scene is really cool!

the model/lighting/texturing are really well done, but the character should be making a face or something (angry look ..i don't know :shrug:)

i think it is very well lit too, but the kind of mood that is in the scene doesn't fit...the character has all these baby arms coming out of him and all that stuff, he doesn't look like a threat right now

diazgl
12-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Overall, it's a nice job. But I can't say i'm crazy about the render. The simple lighting conditions you have dont give the models credit. I mean, make a bit more interesting enviroment to give some more colour to your character. He is very dull (on the colour matter). Plus, it strikes me how you can apply a very good amount of detail to some parts while leaving other parts low on detail. The arms for example need some more defining, and a more interesting texture. I think the cranium texture is fine as it is, but the skin in general needs more detail and a more "live" (or dead on that matter) texture.

crimson13
12-12-2003, 06:06 PM
I saw this 'baby' in rendernode. Fantastic, though perhaps too much light for the subject? Great work! :cool:

Zoomie
12-12-2003, 06:50 PM
wooow! this is looking reeeeaaaally realistic! i could beleieve this is a photo ;)
great!

BartokDesign
12-12-2003, 07:16 PM
:buttrock: Congrats

leigh
12-12-2003, 07:17 PM
I agree with diazgl - you have the components for a good image here, but aspects like the lighting, and some of the textures, really ruin it.

The lighting is far too bright for a character like this. The ambience is also ruining the details. Try creating something more contrasty and dramatic - it's a common cinematic ploy to light sinister characters from below - doing so here would probably improve the impact of the image a lot.

Your textures are becoming so washed out by the lighting that they totally lack definition. You also need to work on your reflection/specular shading, especially on the fleshy parts. They look dry and claylike when surely they should look wet and gory?

The background elements, like the throne, skull and banners don't really look like you put much thought into their shading apart from adding colour maps and a bit of bump on the cloth.

The characters right arm (on the left of the image) looks bad. I think it might be the position it is in, or maybe the model needs tweaking.

Overall this is a nice idea for a character, but it still needs a lot of work if you want it to have any impact at all.

BonoMan
12-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Gonna have to agree with everyone about the lighting.

The model is fantastic.

And I like the lighting to a degree.

The light bloom on the brighter areas remind me of being in a cave and the little light that does come in blooms b/c of the intensity in contrast.

And that brings me to contrast which is what this picture is lacking.

The way everything is kind of washed out flattens the entire image out. There aren't any good deep resonate blacks in there.

Up the contrast and it should look spectacular.

PENdzel
12-14-2003, 01:16 AM
THX 4 all! :)

DrQuincy
12-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Amazing modelling. The way the light is cast on the character is great but I agree I think lighting needs to be more subtle, I'm not to keen on the light's intensity, it obscure the textures somewhat.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.