PDA

View Full Version : Can't get .psd files out of Recycle Bin

hobbitcg
12-12-2003, 08:01 AM
I deleted some .psd files by accident. Now I'm trying to take them out of the recycle bin, but only some of them will come out. It says some of the files are being used by another program. I tried restarting my computer, but there are still 8 .psd fies that won't budge.

The exact error is:

Cannot copy "Dd23". It is being used by another person or program.
Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

Does anyone have an idea about why this is happening? Could the pictures be cached somewhere and that's causing the problem?

I'm on Win XP and I'm using PS 7.

Edit: I've fixed the problem. Thanks for the help. :)

Spankspeople
12-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Do you have the preview panel open on the left side of the file manager window? If it's showing the thumbnail, it may show up as in use...

Mr_Smee
12-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Boot up in safe mode and try to take them out that way.

Originally posted by hobbitcg
I deleted some .psd files by accident. Now I'm trying to take them out of the recycle bin, but only some of them will come out. It says some of the files are being used by another program. I tried restarting my computer, but there are still 8 .psd fies that won't budge.

The exact error is:

Cannot copy "Dd23". It is being used by another person or program.
Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

Does anyone have an idea about why this is happening? Could the pictures be cached somewhere and that's causing the problem?

I'm on Win XP and I'm using PS 7.

quinox
12-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by hobbitcg

<cut>

Edit: I've fixed the problem. Thanks for the help. :)

Please tell us what you did to solve it... can come in handy when other people have the same problem and look at this topic

mrtprodz
12-14-2003, 06:10 PM
i believe he restored his files by starting his computer in safe mode (in this mode there are the strict limited thread to start the OS only so there is no other program running the files..)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.