PDA

View Full Version : Compiling Qt 4.7.1 error

Chrisgibbs
02-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Hi, I'm trying to compile Autodesk's modified Qt 4.7.1 for Maya 2012 Sp2. In VS Command Prompt, I ran the C\qt-adsk-4.7.1> configure -platform win32-msvc2008 -release -no-qt3support and it configured successfully. Then I typed nmake in the VS command prompt and it compiled for 6 hours and stopped at this error:

mt.exe : general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "..\..\..\bin\dumpcpp.exe". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: "C:\ProgramFiles SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\mt.exe" : return code '0x2'

Please please someone help. I've tried the the 6 hour compile session twice now.

zeroeffect
02-02-2013, 12:36 PM
One of the possible causes of this error is anti-virus software. Try disabling it before compiling.

I've tried the the 6 hour compile session twice now.
Use jom instead of nmake for compiling Qt. With jom you can specify the number of cores to use in the build process. Basically you can max out your machine resulting in a significantly shorter build time.

jom download (http://qt-project.org/wiki/jom) (qt-project.org)

ChrisZ

Chrisgibbs
02-05-2013, 01:43 PM
One of the possible causes of this error is anti-virus software. Try disabling it before compiling.
ChrisZ
hey zeroeffect. Yup, I tried it. Same result. The Autodesk instructions ask you to download Qt from this link: http://get.qt.nokia.com/qtsdk/qt-sdk-win-opensource-2010.05.exe

The link does not respond so I downloaded Qt from here: ftp://ftp.qt-project.org/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-4.7.1-vs2008.exe (ftp://ftp.qt-project.org/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-4.7.1-vs2008.exe)

Do you know what the difference between the 2 files is? And would you happen to have the qt-sdk-win-opensource-2010.05.exe file somewhere?

zeroeffect
02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
I believe you should be safe with that version but I can't tell you what the difference between the two files is. Unfortunately, I don't have the the original file specified by Autodesk (I think I used the same one you currently have).

Chrisgibbs
02-05-2013, 08:41 PM
thanks zeroeffect. Got home today to find the sdk finally compiled without error. I created PATH variables to the C:\Qt, C:\Qt\bin, C:\qt-sdk-4.7.1, C:\qt-sdk-4.7.1\bin directories and that finally did the job.

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2013, 08:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.