PDA

View Full Version : still:Rave Girl

Jake
12-11-2003, 09:42 PM
EDIT: I have replaced the original version with this update. I made changes based on comments I received in this thread. Any additional comments, crits, or whatever are appreciated.

Hi, this image grew out of a series of skin shader tests I was doing. I used Lightwave, G2, and did some touch up in photoshop.

Comments and crits appreciated,
Thanks,
Jake

http://fretlessmm.com/jason/images/ravegirl.jpg

mehdianim
12-12-2003, 12:52 AM
She looks too masculine, not very attractive. And her smile could use a little more personality, right now it looks like any old CG smile.
Looks liks a pretty good model though.

Garma
12-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by mehdianim
not very attractive.

Is that a must? With all those perfect CG-women I highly valuate not-standard CG-women. That said, I think Jake tried to make a perfect woman, and then indeed he can improve there. The problem is in the lips, they are very masculine.

and OMG dude! PLEASE oh PLEASE remove the lens flares! WHy did you add it! It really screws up the image, I am not kidding! That's basically because the colourschemes don't match. It's a pity because i like the picture!

:thumbsup:

wildsheepchase
12-12-2003, 03:04 AM
Garma, I'm wondering how you could call her lips masculine? I just don't see it. If someone where to point out someone's lips as masculine, I would assume you meant thin and the lips on the model don't look thin. I think you need to be more specific.

Also, I don't really see the point in all female models having to be "attractive". Maybe Jake didn't intend for the model to be the typical attractive cgwoman. Not that she's ugly, IMHO.

Optigon-cg
12-12-2003, 08:11 AM
I think the hair needs some work, and for some reason, the arm looks too short even though it's not entirely in frame.

You're off to a good start. I wouldn't call it completed just yet.;)

Garma
12-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by wildsheepchase
Garma, I'm wondering how you could call her lips masculine? I just don't see it. If someone where to point out someone's lips as masculine, I would assume you meant thin and the lips on the model don't look thin. I think you need to be more specific.

Check out this link:

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/farp/sexes/sexes.html?_=1066511504

and compare the first two drawings. It's shape what I'm talking about.

:thumbsup:

MedusasHead
12-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Normally I`m one of the first to say "No lense flares please", cause they`re really too "has been". But in this pic I think they make sense... don`t look like real lense flares, more like... glowworms? flickering on the retina? Don`t know, but in this exceptional case they work for the image and not against it, IMHO.
Although her face is no standard CG face (which is normally good), something inside me would like to see some more of a rave girl cliche... that means younger, "prettier"... but that`s a matter of taste.
Ah, nice pic, BTW ;)

Jake
12-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I'm currently making some changes based on the comments I've received.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.