PDA

View Full Version : SubD cage

nielsss
01-29-2013, 09:45 AM
I saw a few (3dWorld) modeling videos with Blender;

Its capability impressed me.

I have a question:

SubD mode was always with the (low poly) cage displayed.

Is it possible to work in SubD mode without the cage?

CorsairX
01-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Hi nielsss,
You could toggling on "Apply modifier to editing cage during Edit mode" per the attached screenshot - it's a little wonky to work with but it might do what your after?

nielsss
01-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the answer CorsairX.
So it isn't "out off th box".
I'll have a look at the workaround.
Thanks again.

jtheninja
01-31-2013, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the answer CorsairX.
So it isn't "out off th box".
I'll have a look at the workaround.
Thanks again.

That's not a workaround, it's quite literally the on-off switch for the behavior you're looking for.

nielsss
02-01-2013, 06:32 AM
That's not a workaround, it's quite literally the on-off switch for the behavior you're looking for.

Oops;
Sorry, I don't know Blender very well (yet).

CorsairX
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Apologies, should have been clearer - geometry transformation (move, scale, roate) works and is displayed as you would expect but if you perform an operation that modifies the sub-divided object it can get a little odd - for example, if adding a loop-cut, Blender draws the cut-line around the (hidden) base-mesh. This is something I personally find a little unintuitive but the functionality is fine, so "wonky" was a poor choice on my part as everything works as intended. Mea culpa.

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.