PDA

View Full Version : Character: Bubba

shards
12-11-2003, 06:39 PM
hello all..
this is the character I'm working on, is the first I made of this kind.. :)
he is a homeless man, I think it is finished (or almost) but I'm open to any good suggestion to modify it..what do you think?
thanks!!

http://www.3dk.org/oblivion/bubbaFinishOK.jpg

random.hero
12-11-2003, 07:26 PM
the face alone is amazing, but i think that you should tweak his clothes a bit, and make the ront of his neck a bit hairier. the textures on the clothes are a bit simple and low res, try and liven them up. i know hes homeless, so he aint gonna be wearing a Tux, but something with a bit more character i think would really set him off.

nice work :thumbsup:...

...hairy :buttrock:

shards
12-11-2003, 07:30 PM
thank you..I know, the dresses are the weakest part of the image..if anyone knows a decent phototexture of a coat or something similar please tell!!in absence of better material I'll try to dirty the existent ones a bit..

Emberghost
12-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Wow great job on the modeling, hair, and textures. Really a well thought out piece!

Man
12-11-2003, 11:31 PM
hhmmm..that's a cool head man..

looks like the image is made of two layers, one with the head and the other with the rest

the head is really good, but the clothes are modelled wrong, his coat is too thick, and the textures are not in the same level of the head's.

darkefire
12-11-2003, 11:42 PM
the head is amazing! but he looks more like a wolfman than a homeless man. things i would add if i were designing this character (based on the people i see on the streets in Cali, of course)

1 - a raggedy beanie-like cap, probably navy in color, made of worn-out wool

2 - rags and layers and layers of dirty, plain clothes.

3 - woolen gloves with the fingers cut off.

4 - rough up the hair a little, lets get some greasy bed-head in there.

5 - he's HOMELESS, man! for gods sake take some meat off his bones!! (unless he's recently homeless and frequents a good shelter)

also, he looks a little calm and pleasant, almost comfortable in his position. some frowning/grimacing would help get a grittier life style across, me thinks.

but those are just my 5 cents. great concept! havent seen too many others like him.

Garma
12-11-2003, 11:55 PM
the modeling is cool, but ow man he looks so SICK :surprised lke he got every skindisease one could possibly find on this world! You used too much colours. What is the blue for above the eyes? The eyecorners contain a subtle amount of blue, not above the eyes.

Basically I'd say just remove the red and blue, it would look WAY more convincing that way. That's about it I agree about the clothes.

nice work

shards
12-12-2003, 10:48 AM
the modeling is cool, but ow man he looks so SICK lke he got every skindisease one could possibly find on this world! You used too much colours. What is the blue for above the eyes? The eyecorners contain a subtle amount of blue, not above the eyes. Basically I'd say just remove the red and blue, it would look WAY more convincing that way. That's about it I agree about the clothes. nice work

eheh no skin disease :) just some dirty texture, but if you can see the original photo it is a very normal man.
the blue you see is because of a bluish spotlight positioned on the right of him, the photo is a bit postproc to enhance the reds originally it was too cold..however thanks to all for the suggestions..;)

the main concept is the head (that I need for another project) I've thought to put some quick dresses and set up a different scene just to show him..however since the main work is on the face I'll post a full view of the head. (I'm rendering it right now)
the image is not composited, no different layers, just like you see it..:bounce:

JustinCesler
12-12-2003, 01:07 PM
The head is AWESOME. Facial expression is perfect. I love this one...

shards
12-12-2003, 01:48 PM
a shot of the head alone without the disturbing dresses :)
so you can see more of it!
thanks to all!!:buttrock:

http://www.3dk.org/oblivion/bubbaBok.jpg

Man
12-12-2003, 04:32 PM
hhmmm....

can u show some other angles and wires?screenshots maybe..

thnx!

shards
12-12-2003, 04:55 PM
hhmmm.... can u show some other angles and wires?screenshots maybe.. thnx!

hmm I could post another pov, but the textures tend to stretch near the hears because of the photomapping and it is ugly..only some minor modifications of this pov are allowed before appearing distortion..so I 've thought that the frontal shot was the best.
wire:

http://www.3dk.org/oblivion/bubbaWires.jpg

Pi3141
12-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Wow the final render came out awesome. Amazing work :) I love the dirty grungy feel to it

:beer:

shards
12-12-2003, 08:24 PM
here is a bit changed pov..I dont like so much this,:cry: it is heavily postprocessed on the neck, part of the beard and the hear,this is just to show to who wanted to see it from another point of view :)

http://www.3dk.org/oblivion/bubbalatook.jpg

colintheys
12-12-2003, 11:48 PM
From front on, it looks awesome. I love the hair. Makes me want to go shave. :) The side view reveals a few problems however.

1. i think his face is too flat.
2. The ears are a little funny (too sharp on the edge? I'm not a good ear modeler myself, so I can't make suggestions! ;) )
3. The texture goes wonky on the neck.
4. The clothes leave a lot to be desired, but I understand that they're not the focus of the image.

Hope i was helpful. You're way ahead of me in human head modeling. The lips are really good.

Sqwall
12-13-2003, 06:55 AM
Nice modeling and texturing. But if he was long enough ont the streets, he shoud has longer hair nad beard :p.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.