PDA

View Full Version : About MA in digital effects

INDIANKRISH
01-27-2013, 08:21 AM
hi friends im krish from bangalore india. i have 2 years production experience as a VFX artist{paint artist} im very good in Stereo paint, now im planing to do MA in digital effects that is Right or Wrong?????? and what is the process for applying for ths MA digital effects i have Demo reel in Roto Paint only that is enough for portfolio????? anyone can please tell me

INDIANKRISH
01-27-2013, 08:29 AM
i have completed my 12th now im pursuing degree Bsc :applause: , but that ll take 2 years, but i have diploma in animation that is long term course [2 year, that ll helpful for applying MA digital effects and i have production exp also in VFX field as a paint artist nd roto artist that will helpful or not anyone can please???????????

BooToo10
02-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Not sure if this will help or not, but I can give you my own experience of applying for Bournemouth.

I did the MA in Animation in 2003/4. My first degree was in 3D Design specializing in Product Design. I then worked for twelve years as a graphic and web designer. I did a part time course in multimedia (an HNC) just for something to do and then applied for Bournemouth a year later. My portfolio contained elements of graphic design, web interfaces and a limited amount of animation. I had no experience of the software the course used (at the time it was Softimage XSi) but I had used 3D Studio Max a bit. I think it was probably my sketch books and possibly the amount of work experience I had that got me a place on the course. One of the lecturers just looked at my sketch books, didn't even look at my portfolio or show reel!

On the Animation MA they had a very broad mix of students, computer scientists who were great technically but didn't draw, artists who did draw but weren't great with the computers. It might seem oddly diverse, but it did work. I loved my time there and got such a lot out of it. Some of the lecturers are still there (Saf, Steve Harper, Steve Bell - I think). It's a chance to develop your own methodology and work, you rarely get that in the workplace to the same degree.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and make sure you enjoy it. Hope that might help a bit.

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2013, 04:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.