View Full Version : Sabertooth Animation
12-11-2003, 04:28 PM
hey, here's an animated clip of a model I made a while ago. I only just got around to rigging it. Its to be part of an animation im putting together for a scholarship at the animation school im going to in january.
well, what do ya think??
right click, save as. Hopefully it works, i havent tested this website yet :hmm: .
if that doesnt work, try copying the link into the address bar on your browser, that may work
12-11-2003, 09:57 PM
The links doesnt work?
12-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Link worked for me:shrug:
Like the model and the animation, kinda short though
12-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Nice stuff! That's a pretty fun model to be working with, and I wish you luck on the scholership! Here's a few comments and crits to help tighten it all up.
1) Speed up the animation - its suffering from classic CG floaty feel. You could easily twice as fast and it would look even better.
2) Watch the floaty disconnected head - the neck appears not to be connected with the spine, and moves independantly
3) Very minor foot 'crashing' through floor - make sure to lock those babies off and keep them from slipping through the geometry
4) The shoulder blades should flex and slide up and over the rib-cage a bit as it shifts its weight around. They do not sit on a perfect pivot like the ball joint in the shoulder itself.
5) One or two more poses in the head and tail - both seem to lock at points. They could both have minor jitter/shifting in them to help add realism
Awesome stuff! Which school are you applying for the scholership from?
12-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Doesnt work cuz:
Due to an inordinate amount of abuse, visitors to
this free account from your region or
country have been restricted.
My country is restricted!!!!!!
Hey what happend? Change your host or if you like i have a host y can give u some space.
12-11-2003, 11:42 PM
oh, sorry about the host problems, i had another host but there were hotlinking probs. It seems strange that they would lock off a whole region or country... Im looking into getting a new host, not a free one this time ;) , but it may be a week or so before everything clears :rolleyes:.
Thanks for the crits Gnome, ill see what I can do, im very new to character animation, ive mostly focused my efforts on modeling etc, but I plan to keep at it. The school is The International Academy of Design and Technology, not as good as Sheridan or VFS in many peoples minds, but from what ive heard its not what's on your cv, its whats on you demoreel that counts.
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.