PDA

View Full Version : Bookmark/WebLink Organizing ?!?!

liquidmass
01-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi!

I’m currently in the process of re-organizing my digital life. This means re-installing, upgrading all hardware, OS and such. Sorting, backing up and cataloging al my data on many disks. And right now I’m trying to organize my bookmarks.

I’m interested in what method you might use when organizing and maintain your bookmarks/web links. I use Firefox and Chrome, but have thousands of bookmarks from the past many years. I have made many attempts to organize them into folders and then have said folders placed on my bookmark bars as a sort of “bin” system but this would take too long manually using any browsers built-in bookmark manager. Ideally I would have my browsers bookmark bar lined with folders, organized by type (CG, Coding, Design, Photography, Outdoors, Science) and then inside the folders have sub-folders like under “Science” would be “Chemistry, Physics, etc..) and those sub-folders would then contain the web links themselves.

I have tried several of the bookmark management services like Diigo and such, and would love to have some sort of sync backup/management tool. It would be great if there was a windows application or web app that could import my bookmark library and give me a nice interface to organize them all manually and maybe offer some tools for batch methods and the like. So, what do you use? Any recommendations for software? Any good web services out there for this? Again, I have thousands of bookmarks, so anything that could make manually organizing easier would be great!

ps: I'm on Windows 8 Pro x64 and use Firefox and Chrome

Many thanks!

-Tyler D.

CGTalk Moderation
01-25-2013, 01:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.