PDA

View Full Version : Computer Animation school portfolio advise

Tumurtogtokh
01-24-2013, 03:54 AM
Hello, greetings from Mongolia.

My name is Tumurtogtokh. I am a freelance motion designer in my country with over 4 years of industrial experience in TV Broadcast, Advertising and Computer Animation. I have been dreaming about make jaw dropping CG animation and work in American and European CG industry. To be honest, i dream to work in ILM and Double Negative :cool:

Now I am planning to study abroad Visual effects to pursue my dreams. After some search over internet I found that Bournemouth is the best school. Although, before I apply in this school I want advise for portfolio because I am not sure my portfolio is good enough.

Could you please tell me more information about it :) ?
And, of course, a good visual effects, computer animation school offer is pretty welcome :)

Thank you.

MrPositive
02-09-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm not exactly sure of your question...you want us to review your portfolio or you want us to tell you want needs to be in a portfolio? I'm not exactly sure what field you are saying you want to go into specialization wise.......

poshwebdeveloper
02-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Best animators not school go ahead
Arena Animation (http://www.arena-multimedia.com/)
Pixar (http://www.pixar.com/)
The animators (http://www.animationmentor.com/)

herobix
02-18-2013, 06:29 AM
There is a lot of schools out there, I'm currently attending Vancouver Film School and I'm having a blast. I'm currently doing there Entertainment Business Management course and sure, nothing is perfect, but I really enjoy it. It's great instructors who are from the industry them self and are also great in teaching to the students. The school is all about business, but they want to keep there reputation, which means they are listening to there students, if a instructors comes in and he is no good, he disappears within 2-4months time.

I have a lot of friends who are attending there 3D animation and visual effects course, same thing there, the instructors are from the industry and/or they know people from the industry and have high standards.

A warning! The 3D course is VFS popularity course and is one of the most expensive one as well. But! the school is a business, use the school, talk to people and start building connections, that's how you get your connections and that's how you make your intuition worth the time to pay it back. And god damn it, it's only one year, if you have someone giving you a hard time, family or friends, tell them to back of, since you paid A LOT of money to create your future and you don't want someone pushing you down.

AND you are paying for VFS reputation, what I hear at some places here in Vancouver that all the people from VFS ends on top of the pile of people searching for a job.

Sure, there is a lot of online schools as well, but I really like being close to an instructor and ask them tons of questions and make there brain hurt :D

if you have any questions about VFS, please ask, I answer honestly, the school has good side and some sides that are not the best, but generally the school is good, when you understand how to use the school =)

hptwi
08-04-2013, 09:08 AM
what exactly do you have to include in the portfolio ? do we need to include only our creations or any work that will show our skills and abilities ?

hptwi
08-05-2013, 07:15 AM
There is a lot of schools out there, I'm currently attending Vancouver Film School and I'm having a blast. I'm currently doing there Entertainment Business Management course and sure, nothing is perfect, but I really enjoy it. It's great instructors who are from the industry them self and are also great in teaching to the students. The school is all about business, but they want to keep there reputation, which means they are listening to there students, if a instructors comes in and he is no good, he disappears within 2-4months time.

I have a lot of friends who are attending there 3D animation and visual effects course, same thing there, the instructors are from the industry and/or they know people from the industry and have high standards.

A warning! The 3D course is VFS popularity course and is one of the most expensive one as well. But! the school is a business, use the school, talk to people and start building connections, that's how you get your connections and that's how you make your intuition worth the time to pay it back. And god damn it, it's only one year, if you have someone giving you a hard time, family or friends, tell them to back of, since you paid A LOT of money to create your future and you don't want someone pushing you down.

AND you are paying for VFS reputation, what I hear at some places here in Vancouver that all the people from VFS ends on top of the pile of people searching for a job.

Sure, there is a lot of online schools as well, but I really like being close to an instructor and ask them tons of questions and make there brain hurt :D

if you have any questions about VFS, please ask, I answer honestly, the school has good side and some sides that are not the best, but generally the school is good, when you understand how to use the school =)

how was ur experience in VFS ? do you know how the foundation course is in VFS ? :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2013, 07:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.