PDA

View Full Version : Python Scripting Compositing Editor

cgneuling
01-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Hi!
I am absolutely new to Python and Blender. Till now I worked with maxscript. So I have the following question / problem. I want to write a Python script which should create some Mix Nodes in the Compositing Editor of Blender and I want to group them all together in a Node Group and then position the inputs and outputs so that they are visible outside the Node Group. (I want to create something like the Compositing Node in 3ds Max). Can anyone help me and post some code? Would be very nice :) I searched a lot in the internet but I have no idea how to do that.

pingking
01-24-2013, 08:00 PM
just a short question: why would you need it done in python? cant you build your group, save the blend file and load the group everytime you need it?

cgneuling
01-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Hi!
I wanted to do that because I want to have a different number of inputs each time, but I have already found out how to create new links and nodes and node groups with python :)

cgneuling
01-24-2013, 10:37 PM
and i wanted a UI where I can choose the number of inputs I want to create and if there should be mix node created or add nodes and so on

CGTalk Moderation
01-24-2013, 10:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.